all posts post new thread

Kettlebell KB Beginner - Recommended Program Flows

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Thanks for everyones input. I think in the online world people are often distracted by the amount of programs and try to pick the perfect one that'll give them immediate results which doesn't exists. I'm certainly guilty of this

Thanks for everyones input. I think in the online world people are often distracted by the amount of programs and try to pick the perfect one that'll give them immediate results which doesn't exists. I'm certainly guilty of this
There is no such thing as the perfect program.

There is only the best program for you and your goals at this current time.

You might find Geoff Neupert's Legacy Collection on sale once or twice a year. It contains a lot of his programs-- Strong, WOD, The Giant, Express, and more.

I agree with others that it all depends on your goals. I tried starting with S&S. I did this for about a month, and then I moved onto KBWOD. That is what I would recommend. I wouldn't say that I got bored with S & S, but I was mored interested in working through all of the KB moves. KBWOD does involve a lot of swings and TGU's.

There really is no wrong path, assuming you have good form, so that you remain free from injury. The most important thing is that you find a program that you like enough to remain consistant.

Great advice, thank you. I'll have a look for the Legacy Collection because lots of those programs I'm interesting in.

@Steve Freides - sorry i wasnt sure how best to describe what i meant! What i meant was is there any optimal set of programs to run one after another for the average person
No need to apologize - the word "flows" when used in conjunction with exercise makes me think of, well, I'll stop there. My problem, not your problem.

-S-

Program hopping is an effective way to lift all the time and spin your wheels for years.

When you get down to it every good program does the following. Selects movements that feel good for you and progress you towards your goals, progressively increase weights/intensity/volume over time, gives you an appropriate load so that you can show up consistently while still progressively advancing.

The difference between good programs is essentially the levers the authors pull to achieve the above.

You might find Geoff Neupert's Legacy Collection on sale once or twice a year. It contains a lot of his programs-- Strong, WOD, The Giant, Express, and more.
I purchased this a while back.
More programming than I know what to do with.
Everything has been excellent.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom