all posts post new thread

Old Forum KB newbie and shoulder niggles

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Abdul-Rasheed

Level 6 Valued Member
I started doing KB exercises (swings and TGUs two times  a week) about a month back. I use 35lb KB  for swings and 18lb KB for halos and TGUs. I feel a weakness or niggle in my left shoulder when I do the TGUs. I guess TGU is exposing it. My question is, is TGU going to make the situation worse or it will fix the shoulder. The left shoulder has been like that for a few months now. What are some of the exercises that will make shoulders with such weakness and niggles stronger? Any advice? Thanks a lot.

hard to say what is the problem.  If you've had it for "months" prior to kettlebell practice, there may be something wrong and you should get it checked out.

I doubt it has anything to do with your TGU form since it was previously bothering you.  The TGU could be aggravating it more.

If the pain started after you started doing S&S, then maybe it would be an issue with your form.

Based on what I read in Enter the Kettlebell I started doing TGUs with a shoulder issue (had about 9 months of pain from bowling of all things) and it cleared it up within a few months. Having said that it was definitely a muscular problem not anything wrong with the hard matter of the joint.

If in doubt I would get it checked with a physio rather than struggling on.

Thanks Travis and Karl. Valuable tips! I was hoping exercises will fix the issues. I will give it a few more weeks if the problem continues I will go see a physical therapist or something.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom