all posts post new thread

Kettlebell KB Snatch form check

Udit

Level 2 Valued Member
Hello,
I want to add KB snatches to my program and am doing them after a long time. Appreciate your feedback.

Link:

I think it looks pretty good, at that weight.

I might suggest that your shoulders kinda snug up towards your ear a bit on some reps. so if you can keep your shoulders down and away from your ear while you get your arm straightened out, that might be worth paying attention to.

otherwise, I like seeing the knees snap into lockout. and it looks to me like the lower body is properly providing most of the upward force.

A good exercise, at least I think it is.. Is to open your hand at the top. I find that exercise to be helpful with the transition and be mindful with the technique.

But it looks good!

Looks good, @Udit !

Try timing your power breath exhale with the hip snap, as you would with a swing. You want it to aid your abdominal contraction, which is most helpful as your body forcefully arrives in the standing plank with the hip extension. Whether you exhale again or more at the top is a matter of preference.

Hello, everyone I was kind of unsure about the lockout here and wanted some additional feedback. Thanks again!
Link:

Hello, everyone I was kind of unsure about the lockout here and wanted some additional feedback. Thanks again!
Link:

It looks a bit short/forward. Try pausing 3-5 seconds in your lockout and you'll find out where it needs to be. Then try to hit that position even with a quick pause.

Note that you are looking down through the entire movement.

At the lockout the eyes should be level with the head "up"/"neutral" and the pause Anna is recommending.

Back
Top Bottom