all posts post new thread

Kettlebell KB STRONG vs THE GIANT for Hypertrophy

Thanks for the advice! I am going to do exactly that. I try and do KB front squats but I hate them and find them super awkward. Same with goblet squats and my arms/back core usually fatigues before my legs. I am getting a barbell soon so I’ll sprinkle in some back squats!
Double kb front squats are highly under rated I think. They’ll definitely help your C&P imho

Ok having read all the reviews of the Giant being great for hypertrophy it seems I may be the problem. With this in mind I am going to give it a run through again. My press witch 2x24kg is about 7/8 so should I start with 1:0? 3.0 reps seem too low for a 7/8rm. I’m going to ensure my protein intake is high and get my calories sorted.
You CAN make 1.0 work, I've made 1.0 work with an 8RM before, and then after 1.0 I went to 2.0, then 1.1 and finished with 1.2. This was a recommendation Geoff gave me via email when I asked him.

Personally, I have had better results with a "bridge" program where you are working at 3-4-5 reps on your light - medium - heavy days respectively. Then 1.0 - 2.0 - 1.1. - 1.2. This makes it a 20 week program, but I think it sets you up for success really well.

Suggestion regarding your extra calories. Whatever you start with, track your weight over a two week period. If it hasn't gone up 1%, you are not in enough of a surplus. Goal should be 2% weight gain per month. If you start at a 200 calorie surplus again and are not seeing that needle going up after two weeks, you aren't gaining. 1% weight gain over two weeks is 2lbs for a 200lb individual, 1.5lbs for a 150lb individual. Tailor your calorie surplus to your actual weight change. Do that for 8 weeks - you should be up about 4% BW - and then assess whether you want to do a small "break" and diet off any fat that came along with your bulk.

Back
Top Bottom