all posts post new thread

Old Forum Kettlebell Burn Extreme

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

BrianCF

Level 7 Valued Member
In January, I was struggling taking off some holiday weight.  I subscribe to Geoff Neupert's mail list.  Around this time, he was marketing Kettlebell Burn Extreme.  I told myself, it's less than a tank of gas and if I buy it I know I'll stick to it.  So I pulled out the credit card and pulled the trigger.

Best fitness investment I made.  26 days in, down 15.4 lbs.  That's 7 kg !  Didn't lose strength and am the lightest I've been in 6 years!  Have a 4 pack and am on my way to a 5!

I always knew it was 80% diet, but when you really incorporate it, it's more like 90%.  It's timing and portion control.  I realized, I didn't need to eat 12 oz. steak all at once.  It's easier to fast 36 hours vs.  24 hours.  I know that sounds funny, but when I fast 24 hours, I lose self control and just shove food in my mouth.  When I do it 36, I'm never hungry in the morning so I have more control breaking the fast.  The low carb days are harder than the fasting.

The workouts are simple, short and sweet.  Challenging, but not killers.  You'll breathe heavy, but not in the fetal position on the floor whimpering for your mother.

The recovery method, gulp, well let's put it this way.  It's not fun especially in the winter, but it works.  I have a little soreness in my knee from an old injury, that has vanished since I incorporated it.  This is an absolute necessity.  People look at me like I'm crazy when I explain it.  I tell them man has gotten a little too comfortable.  Being a little uncomfortable from time to time is a great thing.

Anyway, hats off to Geoff.  I've used two of his products and they've worked wonders.  He's a genius.

The recovery method, gulp, well let’s put it this way.  It’s not fun especially in the winter, but it works.
That's intriguing, lol.  Is it an ice bath?  Would it be un-proprietary to share?  Congrats on your success!

Yeah, since I am already working KB strong, I haven't started this program yet but I am going to in the Spring. That will really help the recovery method!

Similar story for me. Put hard lost fat back on at the end of the year. I decided to put S&S on hold for the time it takes to do this extreme burn thing since getting the fat off looms so large in my stronger/leaner objective and I had let myself loose sight of the goal. I'm 60 lbs lighter, and considerably stronger than I was 13 months ago when I discovered kettlebells, but I have not completed my mission.

I'm 20 days into the program and only down 9 lbs, but that's OK since I am having good strength gains. Over the last 13 months I've done several programs that used complexes and they have always done more for getting stronger than programs that did not. That's just me, but then I'm doing this for me.

I too like Geoff's programs. The getting down with get-ups in Kettlebell Express did wonders for improving that weak link in me.

And yes, some of the recovery methods are so rude that I don't want to do them ;0)

There's just so much good stuff that works, if you do it, available from Pavel and friends that picking what best meets your objectives makes you feel guilty about what you don't choose because it would have worked too.

Dave M.

Does this recovery method need immediately after the workout, if can it wait an hour or two?  For how long do I gave to recover?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom