all posts post new thread

Old Forum Kettlebell in UK/Ireland

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

colinbirdman

Level 1 Valued Member
Hello. Could anyone advise me please - i live in Northern Ireland and am looking for a 28 or 32 Kettlebell. I would appreciate advice on both a supplier and brand. Thanks for any help you could give me!

Colin - you can try kettlebell fever out of London who have a good reputation.  Historically (going back a few years) I have purchased up to a 28kg from www.newitts.com and they are still going strong.  My last purchase was a 32kg via amazon from a company called sweatband - which I am very happy with.

Hope this helps,

Mark

Thanks alot Mark! I tried Kettlebell Fever, but they never replied to me. See the Amazon one you mention - is it the Marcy Competition one please?

Colin - try base fitness via ebay. I've got a 16 from them but my 24 and 32 are from different suppliers as base fitness were out of stock and the 16 is my favourite. Maybe because it feels light now! The grip is nice though and a it is a well balanced lump of metal.

Colin - you are correct, it is a blue Marcy's competition one.  Whilst I wasn't specifically looking for a comp bell, it was one of only a few 32's I could find.  i was also intrigued by the smooth handle...

Hey Colin. Check out D8 Fitness in Dublin too. They sell proper e-coated kettlebells, more expensive but better quality and they'll last you a lifetime. http://www.d8fitness.com/store/cross-training-2/epc-military-grade-kettlebells/. They do sell the cheaper ones as well but you may as well invest in yourself.

Hey Colin. Check out D8 Fitness in Dublin. They sell proper e-coated ketlebells that will last you a lifetime. (http://www.d8fitness.com/store/cross-training-2/epc-military-grade-kettlebells/). They also sell the cheaper ones but if it was me I'd spend the extra money. You won't regret it.

Kettlebell Fever - top quality bells. We just ordered A LOT of them. Excellent service, great communication. Maybe you had wrong address, or the mail got lost, try again, you will love their iron.

Thanks folks for this. Really appreciate it!

Alistair - the ebay shop doesnt deliver to Northern Ireland, but to email for shipping qoute: but no reply.....

Pavel - i love your name bye the way - i triple checked i definitely typed correct address.

Mark - i went with your advice thanks sir! Only i thought i would try the iron Marcy this time for the thicker grip.

I really didnt want to buy from Amazon, but instead give a Kettlebell vendor the sale. But i contacted four seperate firms and only one had the courtesy to reply. That firm was kettlebells.co.uk - but sadly they had nothing for my budget on this occasion.

Thanks again for all the kind advice, i will update when i receive my new toy! All the best folks.

Colin, look up the McIlroy brothers, Paul and Damian, in Belfast.  I don't recall the name of their gym but they should be able to help you in some way or other.

-S-

I would try again with Kettlebell Fever. Their bells appear to be the same as the new Rogue bells that everyone raves about and always get great reviews.

Maybe try getting hold of Oliver Quinn at Westport Battlebells in Ireland and see how he got hold of the massive KB Fever bells he's always chucking around like toys.

They're all on facebook too and can surely be reached easily on there.

I bought a pair of 24kg kb fever kettlebells in May and was very disappointed with the finish on them, one was really bad - though it was only an aesthetic defect. I took pictures and sent the information back to KB fever and they accepted the bells were in need of attention and agreed to replace them with healthier ones. I am still waiting for a replacement as they are out of stock on most bells at the moment and are expecting new stock in July.

Have a look at tribalrhinofitness.com

i got a prograde 32kg from them and I'm happy with it!

Try D8 Fitness in Dublin. They do proper e-coated kettlebells, competition kettlebells and cheaper cast iron ones as well. http://www.d8fitness.com/store/cross-training-2/epc-military-grade-kettlebells/

Thanks everyone for all your kind help. Like i said,i did make the purchase from Amazon, but when finances allow , i intend to purchase a heavier one also. So i will refer to all the advice kindly given. You are  a very nice group of people!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom