all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Kettlebell swing form, is it correct?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

horror_8

First Post
Hello everyone,

I have started simple & sinister program but I am kinda scared because I had some lower back problems in the past due to deadlifts and squats. That's why I decided to post this video since in the gym where I train, "professionals" don't know how to perform it correctly so I can't learn from them. Do you think my form is correct?

Thank you very much for your help.

Cheers.

Basically okay.
Here are a few things to work on:

On the upswing, after you extend your hips and knees, let your arms float away from your body. There's a rhythm of being tight when and where you need to, and relaxed when and where you need to. Yes, you want your arms to be strongly connected to your body while you are driving your hips forward, but as you fully extend, let the KB float. "Enjoy the float."

On the downswing, you are initiating the hinge by bending your knees before sitting back with your hips. Your hips and knees should start and finish together.

Try to sit back deeper into the hinge. You are folding forward at the hips, but not getting your hips back as much as you could.

Be a little more patient out of the hole. Don't be in a hurry to start the hip drive. Let the backswing fully complete before you start driving forward. You don't want to initiate the forward hip drive while the bell is still moving backward. Don't waste your hip drive braking the backward momentum of the bell; use all of it to drive the bell forward. Experiment with the timing. Delay the hip drive until the bell is about to passively pendulum forward, and even beyond that point to help you zero in on the sweet spot. In other words, exaggerate the delay until it's TOO much to help you find the point that's just right.

Last edited:
hey man your form looks pretty good the only thing is let the your arms come up higher to like shoulder level... also don't let the kettlebell flop around, just look at some of the good videos on youtube and try to mimic it as much as you can

You are almost there!! The arms are simply hooks, don't keep your arms stuck to your body, try to "shoot" the bell forward with your hips.

Your hip snap is terrific and your plank is excellent as well. Just let the bell go forward, guide it back into the hinge and shoot it forward again. Again, GREAT hip snap!!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom