all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Kettlebell Swing Frog Squats

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Kenny Croxdale

Level 7 Valued Member
I thought I could get away with only doing Swings but my knees & quads were getting small and week like a little girl.

Rather the directly replying to this post, I decided to make a new post to ensure that it didn't get lost.

The information below delves into another Kettlebell Swing Method.

Kettlebell Swing Frog Squat

The Kettlebell Frog Squat Style Swing means sitting back into the movement. Doing so places more of the Workload on the Quads and Glutes.

The Hamstring are somewhat engaged.

The Erector are essentally eliminaged.

Thus, it is a primarily a Quad-Glute Movement.

Are Heavy Kettlebell Swings Better Than Deadlifts?

1) The Hip Hinge Style utilizing subtantially greater Hamstring and Erector Muscle, along with the Glutes. It minimally involves the Quads.

2) The Squat Style utilizing subtantially greater Quad Loading, as well as the Glutes. The Hamstring are involved to a degree. The Erectors a eliminated.

Contreras' Power Output measurement are listed below.

StyleLoad (lbs)Peak Vertical Force (N)Peak Horizontal Force (N)
Squat Style702,170-2,349166-182
Squat Style1402,431-2,444278-353
Hip Hinge Style701,935-2,140340-402
Hip Hinge Style1402,325-2,550499-520

The Benefits of Frog Kettlebell Squat Swings

1) The workload is primarily on the Quads and Glutes.

2) The Stretch Reflex (Plyometric Action) with this method is specifically to the development of the Squat.

a) The development of the Stretch Reflex is vital for Powerlifters and those interested performing a 1 Repetition Maxium Squat.

When the Stretch Reflex is properly trained and developed it provides a Rubber Band Effect.

When the Band is Stretch and Released it pop back with more force. The same is true with the Stretch Reflex with right loading.

Stretch Reflex research has demonstrated and 18% Increase In Force Production with individual who drop down prior to performing a Vertical Jump.

b) The Stretch Reflex must be trained to be maximally developed.

With regard to the Squat...

"You don't want to bounce, but you don't want to stop, either," says McLaughlin.
"You want a slight recoil - enough that the change in direction utilizes some of the energy transfer in your body." Source: "The last word on squats", Dr Tom McLaughlin (PhD Exercise Biomechanics/Former Powerlifter), Men's Fitness, Sept, 1998

3) Quad and Glute Hypertrophy Development

Kettlebell Swing Frog Squat maintain constant tension with Non-Stop Moderate To High Repetitions Sets.

It produces...

The Pump

The Pump means blood is trapped in the Quads and Glutes.

a) Arterial Blood flow from the heart flood the working Quads and Glutes.

b) Ventrical Blood back to the heart is restricted due the the constriction of the muscles.

Balloon Effect

The end result is that The Pump essentially is like blowing up a balloon with air, only in the case the increase of blood volume in the muscle elicits it.

Your Quads and Glutes blow up.

The Pump produces a downstream anabolic, muscle building effect.

Looks like a weighted version of the infamous "monkey f4%&3R" to me.

https://www.veterantv.com/dictionary/monkey-f@#$ers/

I've never been in the military, but I've heard the primary purpose was humiliation and punishment.

From Stumpf's Cleared Hot podcast, bears crawls through the sand with someone hanging from your neck, during Hell Week I believe. Creative smoker.
that's a good one.
We had the the inverted fireman's carry.

get your buddy, he's got a cut on his leg.
gotta keep the blood in his body.
No, inverted.
get the belt buckle on your chest.
tell your buddy to hang on to your belt, to keep from slipping.

we went back and forth across the sand pits this way for a while.

Rather the directly replying to this post, I decided to make a new post to ensure that it didn't get lost.

The information below delves into another Kettlebell Swing Method.

Kettlebell Swing Frog Squat

The Kettlebell Frog Squat Style Swing means sitting back into the movement. Doing so places more of the Workload on the Quads and Glutes.

The Hamstring are somewhat engaged.

The Erector are essentally eliminaged.

Thus, it is a primarily a Quad-Glute Movement.

Are Heavy Kettlebell Swings Better Than Deadlifts?

1) The Hip Hinge Style utilizing subtantially greater Hamstring and Erector Muscle, along with the Glutes. It minimally involves the Quads.

2) The Squat Style utilizing subtantially greater Quad Loading, as well as the Glutes. The Hamstring are involved to a degree. The Erectors a eliminated.

Contreras' Power Output measurement are listed below.

StyleLoad (lbs)Peak Vertical Force (N)Peak Horizontal Force (N)
Squat Style702,170-2,349166-182
Squat Style1402,431-2,444278-353
Hip Hinge Style701,935-2,140340-402
Hip Hinge Style1402,325-2,550499-520

The Benefits of Frog Kettlebell Squat Swings

1) The workload is primarily on the Quads and Glutes.

2) The Stretch Reflex (Plyometric Action) with this method is specifically to the development of the Squat.

a) The development of the Stretch Reflex is vital for Powerlifters and those interested performing a 1 Repetition Maxium Squat.

When the Stretch Reflex is properly trained and developed it provides a Rubber Band Effect.

When the Band is Stretch and Released it pop back with more force. The same is true with the Stretch Reflex with right loading.

Stretch Reflex research has demonstrated and 18% Increase In Force Production with individual who drop down prior to performing a Vertical Jump.

b) The Stretch Reflex must be trained to be maximally developed.

With regard to the Squat...

"You don't want to bounce, but you don't want to stop, either," says McLaughlin.
"You want a slight recoil - enough that the change in direction utilizes some of the energy transfer in your body." Source: "The last word on squats", Dr Tom McLaughlin (PhD Exercise Biomechanics/Former Powerlifter), Men's Fitness, Sept, 1998

3) Quad and Glute Hypertrophy Development

Kettlebell Swing Frog Squat maintain constant tension with Non-Stop Moderate To High Repetitions Sets.

It produces...

The Pump

The Pump means blood is trapped in the Quads and Glutes.

a) Arterial Blood flow from the heart flood the working Quads and Glutes.

b) Ventrical Blood back to the heart is restricted due the the constriction of the muscles.

Balloon Effect

The end result is that The Pump essentially is like blowing up a balloon with air, only in the case the increase of blood volume in the muscle elicits it.

Your Quads and Glutes blow up.

The Pump produces a downstream anabolic, muscle building effect.

Looks awkward. Is it rough on the lower back?

I’ve used those per the video, only bringing my arms horizontal at the bottom. It def seemed to hit the erectors and your quads and glutes will be screaming.

Can also use them with a snatch.

I’ve used those per the video, only bringing my arms horizontal at the bottom. It def seemed to hit the erectors and your quads and glutes will be screaming.

Can also use them with a snatch.

I just tried with a 28 kg KB.

They felt super awkward.

Not painful or hard, but my body being confused by the movement pattern.

"What exactly are you trying to do here? Swing? Hinge? Squat? Make up your mind!"

I
I just tried with a 28 kg KB.

They felt super awkward.

Not painful or hard, but my body being confused by the movement pattern.

"What exactly are you trying to do here? Swing? Hinge? Squat? Make up your mind!"
I found the quick drop created a lot of stress, similar to a kettlebell snatch-squat.

I never did use it much as it overlaps with stuff I was already doing.

These look like poorly done swing squats (which are not a novice kb movement) he looks like his low back is gonna hurt the next day.

I actually didn't feel much in my low back, but I was also only using 28 kg.

I felt it in my legs, but also.....meh, why bother?

I could just squat or DL, instead.

Looks awkward. Is it rough on the lower back?
It's not awkward nor hard on the lower back.

Since you have not performed them, you have no reference point; nor does Steve or Gypsyplumber.

"I guarantee it will never work if you never try it."

I present information. What you do with it is up to you.

Last edited:
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom