all posts post new thread

Old Forum Kettlebell Swing safe practice guidelines

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

lkrekic

First Post
I am doing a study on the effects of the 2 handed KB swing on  the hip function of sedentary people. These are novices that I will be teaching the 2 handed swing. In my research application I need to include some safe practice guidelines for reps and weight prescription from a reputable source, preferably a published source.  I would appreciate any assistance in this to help further the knowledge base about the effects of the swing. All the best! Len

I would start with Simple & Sinister, the guidelines in there are excellent and represent Pavel's most recent thoughts.

How will you be testing hip function and evaluating change? What sort of routine will they be using? What is your experience teaching/training the swing?

Hi Jason,

Thank you for the heads up? I have been training with Kettlebells since 2005. RKC, AKC, Pavel, Mike Mahler, Steve Cotter among others. I am not a kettlebell trainer that focuses on high end performance. I use it more as a rehab tool in my therapy practice. I am currently finishing a Kinesiology Major and the kettlebell study will be part of completing my Phsyco-motor learning class. I can't share much about the study at the moment but I am working on getting it published at which time I will share with the began and fitness community. Thank you for your suggestions! Len

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom