all posts post new thread

Old Forum kettlebell winters

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Bigg Beefy

Level 1 Valued Member
I have been doing pttp with deadlifts and military presses, the only other thing I do is zercher squats before my deadlifts. I would like to continue this straight until november. At this point I would like to switch to S&S from Nov-mid march/beginning of April.

Now i know the best way to find out if this will work is do do it, but I cant help but ask if anyone has experience going from barbell to kettlebells for a period this long. I would like to know if my deadlift will lose too much being away from it for so long. My goals are really just health and I enjoy training as a release. I am not an athlete or powerlifter but I don't want my deadlift to wither away.

I would like to avoid a gym for the winter months when garage sucks to train in and I think the kettlebells would be a fun change of pace, this is my reasoning behind the plan.

I also wonder if the side press from pttp would be a better match for the getup instead of the military press I have been doing?

My best deadlift was done after having done alot of swings and then a short time deadlifting. Not that I'm any sort of powerlifting superstar... but the point is for us normal people I think it works.

Similar to that I pulled my best deadlifts after snatching and cleaning 5 days a week for 4 months. It was the first time I pulled over 400. So I guess I am going to stop over thinking it and just do it.

how much weight were you swinging and snatching in order to get a 400+ deadlift. right now my deadlift is hovering around 375lbs. I own a 24 kilo bell and and 32 kilo bell. And I own enough barbell and weights to get me to 240lbs. Do you think its realistic to expect to deadlift 405 with this little equipment?

Sorry I meant barbell cleans and snatches. I'm brand new to kettlebells. At that time my only pulling was barbell cleans and snatches. With no deadlift in my program for a very long time I was able to pull 410. I meant similar as in high volume of lighter weight. But I was also back squatting 295 for my work sets so im sure that had a great carryover.

I am still trying to figure out myself how well kettlebells carry over and I'm sure I will know by next April when I go back to the barbell. if anything it will be a fun experiment and im hoping I can come back here and say im deadlifting right where I left off.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom