all posts post new thread

Old Forum LCCJ for strength & hypertrophy - singles or doubles?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Telegramsam

Level 2 Valued Member
I am just using LCCJ for training at the moment. Massive upheaval means that my time (and I must admit, motivation) to train is low.

I have been using a plan on here where a user aims for 100 LCCJ in 20 minutes with a same-sized pair of KBs in sets of 10 before moving up to the next size, and so on, with training every day (trying to do more each time, but without killing yourself) I have used this since November (with 16s) and have put on a bit of muscle and definitely got leaner.

But I have been thinking - this program is very demanding (at least for me) in a cardio-respiratory sense. I feel that it will be at least 3-6 months until I am able to move up to 24s.

If my goals are strength, hypertrophy and 'conditioning' (i.e. work capacity/GPP) would it be better to use SINGLE 24 and aim for 100 single reps (50 per arm) in sets of 10 before moving up to a SINGLE 32kg bell, and so on?

Because, wouldn't each arm individually be stronger as a result of handling a heavier weight?

And also stronger from potentially progressing to heavier KBs earlier?

Or: do the systemic demands of using 2 KBs a size down (so using double 16s instead of a single 24) lead to more (e.g.) growth hormone, muscle and strength than using a single 24?

Why not both? One arm for more upper body overload and two arm for more lower body overload. Train every other day, alternating A and B.

A: One arm C&J, alternating arms each set

B: Two arm C&J

Vary sets, reps, rest intervals; gradually adding reps and decreasing rest periods. Cut volume every 4th week.

That'd be an excellent hyper-minimalist program by itself, I think. You could add some easy-strength style pullups on the one arm days and squatting on the two arm days to round things out.

Sam,
my goals are strength, hypertrophy and ‘conditioning’
Do double long cycle, 5 x 5, and work to 10 x 5 with a given load.  Rest just enough to recover between sets.  Add load and start over.  Deload each 4th week.  Report back in 12 weeks.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom