all posts post new thread

Lee's Training Log: SFG1 Training

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Good work, hope the hand heals fast! Hate it when that happens on the last reps.... if you feel it about to go, better to stop. But you can't always tell. My trick for keeping the calluses from building up too much is a sanding disk, 120 grit. Use it to knock down any thick areas and they'll have less tendency to tear.

SFG 1 Prep wk2 s2

Warm up
Crawls
Goblet Squats
Bottoms up press

Kb Deadlift 3x5 @ 80kg
TGU 5x1 per arm @ 32kg
Double Clean 5x5 @ 2x24kg
Double Front Squat 5x5 @ 2x24kg

Mobility
Arm bars 3x5
Pull overs 3x5
Good mornings 3x5
Goblet Squats 3x5
Lunges 3x5

Notes:

•TGU felt good today, transitions felt smooth.

•Double Cleans I felt I was leaning back a bit too much today, more GS style. I need to put more tension into the rack position.

•Double Front Squats weren't the best today, my back was starting to round on the descent. I didn't go any lower but I need to work on my mobility here.

•Mobility in the Squats aren't up to par, I'm doing the above routine to help. I would say continued work with goblet Squats and tactical frog will help with this. I don't want to do too much and overload myself here, but any suggestions welcome.

•Hand tear was a bit of trial and error tonight, but I found looping tape around the ring finger down the palm and then fixing around the wrist was best. It's in an awkward position but once I got it taped as mentioned above I could carry on as normal. I'm also putting my hand in hot salt water to just to be on the safe side.

Have a strong day everyone!

@Lee Hunt- Try using towels through the handle of the bell. Kills your grip and saves your hands. Nice work today!
Thanks! I'm going to try some tape over the top for the time being as the swings are a challenge in themselves already. But when I'm ready for brutal level swings I'm going to give this a try :)

Good work, hope the hand heals fast! Hate it when that happens on the last reps.... if you feel it about to go, better to stop. But you can't always tell. My trick for keeping the calluses from building up too much is a sanding disk, 120 grit. Use it to knock down any thick areas and they'll have less tendency to tear.
Great! I've bought a pumice stone in the mean time so I can stay on top of this in the future! Hopefully that'll be enough! If not than a sanding disk it is! :)

Thanks!
High five back at ya!
You'll have to let me know how you get on with the hand during training, and if there's anything in particular you think might help!
I was surprised at how well tape makes it when you get the position right! :)

Yeah!

I think that I will just duckttape my hand and will be good. Unforutantely I've got snatches today :)

Unforutantely I've got snatches today

:eek:

As I sit here waiting for a filling to be put in at the dentist, I am unsure which of the 2 I would dislike to do the most! I would probably do Swings instead, I wish you all the best for these!

Thank you @Lee Hunt ;)
I really like snatches, actually prefer them to swings. Today I plan to do 20x5 with 24kg, but I'm considering to cut it in half if something goes wrong. The wound heals well and I am optimistic :)

How's the hand, Lee? Wondering if you were able to get in any more sessions this week, after the hand and the dentist visit...

How's the hand, Lee? Wondering if you were able to get in any more sessions this week, after the hand and the dentist visit...
Hand is recovering nicely thank you! I've got session 3 shortly. I'll get my sessions in, the week just hasn't gone as planned... Had a filling done on weds, then later in the evening part of my tooth came off :eek:. So managed to get that sorted today before work today. Can't wait to get to my swings :)

SFG 1 Prep wk2 s3

Warmup:
Arm bars
Pull overs
Good mornings
Goblet Squats
Lunges

Single Press 7 x5 @ 28kg
1h Swing 10 x OTM x 20 @ 32kg
Falmers walks 4 x 90s @ 2 x 24kg

Notes:

•Press felt good, highest volume in one session with that weight for a long while. Ensured I had good recovery between sets.

•Swings felt tough today, it felt harder than my 24min session. I wasn't recovering as fast between the minutes as I usually do. I think it's a knock on effects of all the things that have happened this week. I'm also on day 9/13 of working so rest has suffered. I'm sure when I get back to normality I'll be stronger than ever, for the meantime I'll plug through and focus on form.

•Falmers walks felt good, grip is benefiting these.

•Hand should be good to go uncovered sometime next week, when I'm good I'll file around the rough edges before hitting the iron.

SFG 1 Prep wk2 s4

Warmup:
Crawls
Goblet Squats
Bottoms up press

Kb deadlift 3x5 @ 80kg
TGU 5x1 per arm @ 32kg
Double Clean 5x5 @ 2x24kg
Double Front Squat 5x5 @ 2x24kg

Notes:

•TGU's are feeling good, I feel my form is in a good place and I may increase weight to 36kg soon.

•Cleans felt good, zipping up nicely at the finish. Focusing on hip drive.

•Squats are getting better but work still to go, my flexibility is improving too.

To summarise the week, I've hit some good numbers. Press has been 25 and 35 reps with 28kg, the highest volume I've done with that weight for a while. Swings have hit an all time high of 240 in one session, 440 overall for the week. I've ramped up my flexibility work this week. I've recorded and viewed my technique and have certain areas I know I need to work on over the coming weeks. I've met a few scheduling challenges among other things, but I've made time to get this done! I'm also 4lbs lighter too. A close out to another successful week.

SFG 1 Prep wk3 s1

Warmup:
Crawls
Goblet Squats
Bottoms up press

Single Press 10 x 5 @ 28kg
1h Swings 10 x OTM x 26 @ 32kg
Falmers walks 4 x 90s @ 2x24kg

Notes:

•Presses were really good, had no problem with them at all. I was quite surprised actually, as I have only hit this volume with this weight in one session once in Aug last year. The work over the previous weeks build up your capacity nicely. Well laid out plan. I've enjoyed doing the straight sets of 5.

•Swings were tough once again, tomorrow will be the end of a 13 day in a row working streak, I hope my recovery will improve after relaxing a bit.

•Walks were good, grip and forearm strength is slowly getting stronger.

SFG 1 Prep wk3 s2

Warmup:

Crawls
Goblet Squats
Bottoms up press

Session:

KBDL 3 x 5 @ 80kg
TGU 5 x 1 per arm @ 36kg
DBCL 5 x 5 @ 2 x 24kg
DBFSQ 5 x 5 @ 2 x 24kg

Notes:

•TGU: I increased weight to 36kg. These felt good and smooth.

•DBCL: Also felt good, focused on keeping arms close to the body.

•DBFSQ: Felt better but I still have a lot of form improvements to make on this.

•Overall session 2 & 4 are very much technique days at the moment. Consolidating form and trying to improve as I go along.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom