all posts post new thread

Old Forum Life after Kettlebell Muscle

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Linna

Level 1 Valued Member
Hello comrades,

So I have two weeks left on KB Muscle and am looking to see if there are any recommendations for after. My dilemma, which is truly not much of a terrible dilemma, is the two weeks between this program ending and me going to Fiji (not bragging, very delayed honeymoon). Now I know strength and muscle gains do not just fall away that quickly, but two weeks of a non-program and then about two weeks away makes me a little uncomfortable of not throwing kettlebells around out for a month. I was thinking about jumping back to Simple and Sinister for the two weeks, throwing in one day a week of C&P's, snatches, and squats so I don't lose any of the strength gains from KB Muscle. Does anyone have any other suggestions for those two weeks? I am also thinking about what to do when I come back from Fiji, as I truly enjoyed the KB Muscle program due to the structure making it impossible for me to fall into the habits of overtraining? Maybe ETK or Kettlebell Burn. I know Dan John sent out an email that outlined suggestions, however I was wondering what other people who have finished KB Muscle has done.

Open to any and all suggestions, even if it is to tell me to calm the hell down. Thanks, everyone.

Kevin, my advice is go back to something a little less intense.  I eased back into the ROP my first time completing it, but simple and sinister fits the bill too.

Kevin-

For the two weeks before the honeymoon (congratulations) why not do S&S. You already have the movements down (swings and TGUs) so there's no learning curve. I think you'll find it a sort of active recovery time from Kettlebell Muscle.

For the two weeks you are on the honeymoon itself just do some stretching and mobility work and maybe some body weight stuff (pistols, one arm push-ups, or whatever you are capable of). As long as you are doing something for the muscles you won't see a huge drop off in gains. I've always found if I take time off completely and do nothing then it's harder to restart once I come back.

Enjoy and travel safely,

Al S.

5x5 squats and C&P with the 24kg twice a week for the 2 weeks.

Kettlebell Strong upon return from Fiji.

Per usual, thank you all for the fast responses! Sounds like my thinking matches up with all of yours, which is reassuring. I will most likely do a combo of S&S and on the variety days (two of them) do C&P and double front squats. Then body weight exercises while away. Thank you all, again, for your insights and support.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom