all posts post new thread

Forum Business Link to specific post in thread?

Problems, Questions, Suggestions
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

The Nail

Level 7 Valued Member
Hello,

It would be nice to be able to link to a specific response in a thread. Like with Reddit posts, how you can click 'permalink' to any comment in a thread.

Yes, there is the nifty Bookmark filter functionality; but you can't search on your bookmarks or send them via email. I've got friends to start on S&S; some of these posts are so golden I'd love to be able to easily send them a direct link.

This forum is great, thanks for keeping it up.

You can. Click on the post number, and copy/paste the link. In this screen capture of your post, you would click on the #1.

Software testers can usually figure these things out.... ;)

upload_2017-2-11_13-5-10.png

Yup. Facebook has something similar - you click on the time of the message and you get a permalink. Why this needs to be hidden in either case is beyond me!

-S-

Wow, I never knew that about Facebook. Learned something new here today, as usual! :)

Yes, there is the nifty Bookmark filter functionality; but you can't send them via email...
This isn't true. You have a choice when making a bookmark of Public or Private. You can easily get a URL from a public book mark and do whatever you wish with it - open it in another tab or window, email to someone, etc.

For your own, click on your name and then Your Bookmarks.

For another user, click on their name, select Profile Page, then the rightmost tab, Bookmarks. Once you're on that list - assuming the user has any, which most people here do not - you can do whatever your OS and browser, etc., require to copy the link. On my MacBook, it's Control+Click, then Copy Link. On my PC, it's right-click then Copy Link.

I've got a couple of bookmarked links if you want to try them via my profile.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom