all posts post new thread

Old Forum Loaded cleans alternated with get-ups

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Pats

Level 5 Valued Member
Hello, I've hit the standards of S&S with my 20 kg KB and I can't buy another one for 2-3 months.

I've wanted to add cleans and completely own the movement now so that I can add presses later on. While reading ETK, in the "ROP traning plan summary", I noticed something interesting that Pavel wrote for one of the variety days:

Do 5 x 5 loaded cleans alternated with 5 x 1 get-ups with a kettlebell heavier than
the one you are doing ladders with. Rest for a few minutes between sets.
Do 2–3 sets of 5–10 swings and/or 2–3 sets of 1–10 snatches with a kettlebell
heavier than the one you are doing timed sets with.

So I was thinking of doing just that with my KB, alternating my S&S TGU with 5 cleans and reduce by 50% the swing volume.

(I know I'm not doing S&S anymore but I can very easilly do the TGU in <10 min and the 1A Swings in <5 min so might as well change it.)

I was wondering about the TGU and loaded cleans, are they alternated? (as in 5 cleans L, rest, 1 TGU L, rest, 5 cleans R, rest, 1 TGU R, rest etc.) or there should be no rest between the cleans and TGU?

Any opinon is appreciated !

Pats, the purpose of loaded cleans is to get yourself ready for pressing a heavier kettlebell.  If you are not pressing, these cleans are not very useful.  You could do the ROP.

What Pavel said - just start the Rite of Passage now with your 20 kg, no need to wait for a heavier bell.  It's a good choice in your situation.

-S-

Great, thank you for the answer, I didn't want to start the ROP now as I thought I wasn't ready but I will do what both of you said.

ROP it is!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom