all posts post new thread

Old Forum Long term physique goal

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

ferdi

Level 1 Valued Member
So I am into kettlebell training for a while, and I really love it. I have got visible improvements in muscle growth and strength gains as well, mostly on hip area but also considerable increase in shoulder size.

Now my goals are simple(not easy, just simple): my first long term goal is simply to achieve a get up with half bodyweight, meaning 48kg, and also since I am doing simple and sinister, in that time my swings should also become stronger, probably around similar weight as a get up.

When I reach the goal mentioned above, which I expect to take couple of years, I have another ultimate goal: simply look like this:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Imd-CcGvzPE/TgYVEBgnteI/AAAAAAAABlA/e_l_w1S7TQs/s1600/hercules1.jpg

Now I know it is a very hard, probably unachievable goal, but nevermind.

Anyway, my question is is this physique achievable just with kettlebell training? I mostly admire the abdominal muscle development on that statue, and I would like if someone could tell me what exercises should I pick? Of course, I want to keep the strength gained with get ups with half of my bodyweight, and keep gaining some, but since I dont think simple and sinister will be enough for this kind of body, so I am thinking like cutting it down to 2 days a week and adding some other exercises, probably something like clean and press, various squats, idk...

To be honest, you would likely be better off posting these questions at a bodybuilder forum.

Focus on one goal at a time. Get the Get Up and Swings and reevaluate. It is hard to plan for the future, because things will be different. When you start thinking about a future goal your current progress takes a hit.

Yeah I know this question is quite strange for this community, but asking these kind of questions on bb forums, just no.

I am not into building muscle that has no use, like 95% of those bodybuilders are now unfortunately, and I dont care about  muscles I like to call baloon muscles. Thats the main reason I dont ask these questions on those forums, because I will probably get advices something like this: go take protein powder, muscle milk. kreatin, idk what else, do every muscle twice a week in 3 sets of 12, focus on biceps curls... etc.. just no.

Sorry if I didnt make it clear in previous post, but I am first and foremost pursuing strength gains, but I am thinking, why not gain both strength and muscle at the same time?

You can build muscle on S&S. You can also lose weight. It all comes down to diet.

However, S&S is not first and foremost an hypertrophy program, for that you would be better off with something like the Russian Bear. That would also give strength gains.

The question is, what can you do, with the skeleton that you've got?

Hardstyle swings almost guarantee the solid-waist look.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom