all posts post new thread

Old Forum Loose Techniques!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

spikemdjr

Level 1 Valued Member
I have spent the last six years trying to ring all the tension out of my body. I used to thrive on negativity which has done some pretty serious damage to my nervous system. I have done pranayama and ashtanga yoga consistently, but nothing has worked nearly as good as Pavel's loose and fast techniques video. I can honestly say that I am on the road to recovery. I can think and reason a lot clearer. And my motivation is starting to come back. I made mental mistakes that caused me to become intense when I should have been loose. Why does stress do that to you? I know it can take different forms.

I'm excited to hear about the benefits you've experienced from the fast and loose drills.  I deal with anxiety on a daily basis and my job adds a lot of stress to my already taxed nervous system.  I am always looking for practical, down to earth ways of dealing with it, the esoteric stuff doesn't do it for me and drugs aren't an option.  It can be crippling at times and really affects my performance at work and my relationship.

Right now I take a few different supplements and this week I've been starting to meditate in the morning before work.  things seem to be getting better.  I've seen fast and loose before but never really employed the techniques.  After hearing pavel mention it several times in the last two podcasts with Tim Ferris and now hearing your experience, I'm definitely going to get a copy and start using it

Patrick,

I have heard about the benefits of Fast and Loose for active recovery during training sessions, but this is the first time I think I have heard about anyone using it to help deal with stress or anxiety.  Did you hear anyone before mention using it for stress or anxiety, or is this an application you discovered on your own?

Patrick, there is a lot of back-and-forth between our minds and our bodies.  There was an interesting article - in the New Yorker magazine, maybe, I don't quite remember - about smiling.  One of the conclusions was that, although we smile when we're happy, if we try to smile, we become happier.  It works in both directions.

And so learning to relax the body can help relax the mind, just as well as it works in the other direction, too.

-S-

I discovered this on my own. Luckily! I have collected a bunch of old Strength & Health magazines off of ebay from the 1930's till the very last issue. Bob Hoffman who was the editor and publisher of Strength & Health said that the maintenance of a tranquil mind is most important. I couldn't agree more. I used to dwell on world events and societal ills but I have learned you do not ever worry about what you cannot change. It seems selfish but we are limited as individuals.

Pavel,

Thanks for replying! These loose techniques are the key to me restoring my health and life. Will the knowledge that I have acquired, I see myself now restoring and fulfilling my dreams.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom