all posts post new thread

Old Forum Love hate relationship with S&S

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

kbkris

Level 2 Valued Member
When I get ready for my practice session I find I don't want to do it. Its not much I know but it feels overwhelming at first or at least time consuming.

But by the time I've hit my seventh set of swings or especially when I hit the TGUs I'm glad I did.

So if anyone else feels this way take my word for it and realize it is worth it.

You might be overtraining/overloading your nervous system. I had the same  when I started to mix it with RoP and it became worse when I moved on to a heavier bell.  :)

Definitely feel that way after a 12 hour shift of being on my feet ,or cramped in a patrol car, wearing 21 pounds of gear on my waist, eating crappy food or not at all, dealing with scumbags, etc.  So many of my work days are very light workouts or rest days.  I try not to over think it and just get back on my normal routine as soon as I can.  Makes for slow progress, but that's fine.  It's a park bench workout.  Don't stress over pushing too hard.

Maybe you should go down a bell size for a week and work back up slowly.

I've had the opposite experience. Before, I was trying to work out three times a week, and trying to get 5-8 TGUs per side, and doing 200-250 swings. Altogether this was taking around 45 minutes I think, maybe more.

So, right now I'm liking the shorter 25-30 minute S&S workouts quite a bit better. I feel stronger in the swings, since I'm only do 10 reps (vs sets of 10, 15, 25 before). I also like only doing five TGUs, vs. trying to work up to eight (or 10) per side.

I'm finding it easier to get in a sub-30 minute workout almost every day than to try to feel like I'm trying to find time to get in 45+ minutes a few times a week.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom