all posts post new thread

Old Forum Low Heart pressure after breathing ladders

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

MariuszS

Level 4 Valued Member
Hello Everyone!

I am new to this forum. Have been doing the S&S program for almost a year with some results (12 kg increase in TGU (42 kgs now)).

Recently I have tried the breathing ladders by Iron Tamer. I did it almost as recommended for the first week of The Forge program, two times a week: 10:2, 20:4, 30:6

Next day after doing the swings and breathing my blood pressure is rather low: Systolic is 95 / diastolic 60.

Usually my blood pressure is normal (120/70 mmHg). Has anyone observed this after breathing ladders? Is this safe -- I mean that kind of a drop. Thank you for your responses.

Regards, Mariusz

Yes, but this is desirable. From about 70 normal to about 60 next day after breathing ladders. And this is just the beginning of the program. I stopped doing them now, I did them after my TGU sessions.

This drop in blood pressure worries me somewhat and I would definitely like to continue training with the ladders.

Mariusz, your question is best directed to your doctor.

I Googled this:

what is considered low blood pressure

and found this on the Mayo Clinic (a very well-known, well-respected clinic in the US) site:

Most doctors consider chronically low blood pressure too low only if it causes noticeable symptoms. Some experts define low blood pressureas readings lower than 90 mm Hg systolic or 60 mm Hg diastolic — you need to have only one number in the low range for your blood pressureto be considered lower than normal.

Again, the right person to ask is your doctor.

-S-

Thank you,

You are right Steve. I should not experiment with this alone.

But disregarding this effect, which really might be desirable provided it is constant, the program itself is great -- it enables me to better control of my breath.

Thanks, Mariusz

Better control of your breath sounds like a good thing to me, Mariusz.  You will find Master SFG Péter Lakatos, me and others practicing and teaching the breathing practices found here - http://AdvancedButekyo.com if you like would like to read more about it.

My mother had blood pressure of 90/60 for her entire life and her doctors were thrilled about it.  What causes me to suggest you see your doctor is the big change in yours.

A low resting heart rate is something I have never heard to be a problem.  I know that two famous Tour de France riders, Miguel Indurain and Lance Armstrong, both had resting pulses in the 20's during the height of their competitive careers.  My own resting pulse is in the 40's, never much above 50 these days unless I'm recovering from exercise.

Let us know what you find out.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom