all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Massage therapy and bodywork

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Jara

First Post
I am a certified athletic trainer that currently provides massage therapy for sport teams in my area ( in addition to sport training). I am looking to see how offen you recommend bodywork to recover, maintain muscle balance and for pain & injury prevention. Do you use it yourself? How often?

Hello,

@Jara
Welcome to StrongFirst !

What is "bodywork" ? Do you mean some kind of stretching, mobility and flexbility ?

If so, I use it everyday, during 20 to 25 minutes, after the training. I do breathing before going to sleep too.

Kind regards,

Pet'

@pet', I think "bodywork" in this context means someone working on your body, e.g., a massage therapist, perhaps an ART practitioner, someone who does rolfing, or other "hands-on" type.

@Jara, welcome to the StrongFirst forum.

-S-

Hello,

Thank you for the precise definition @Steve Freides !

Then, I am sorry for my previous answer. The right one would be then only a 30 minutes a week massage followed by a contrast shower. This relaxes me a lot and makes me more supple.

Kind regards,

Pet'

@pet', I think "bodywork" in this context means someone working on your body, e.g., a massage therapist, perhaps an ART practitioner, someone who does rolfing, or other "hands-on" type.

@Jara, welcome to the StrongFirst forum.

-S-
Sometimes "bodywork" can also mean not evidence based. Or a holistic and often energetic (chakras, meridians etc.) approach to viewing the body and problems. And it can work very well, and it can work not at all...like pretty much everything.

If I could afford it I would do it every week but my economic status only allows self message in the form of lacrosse balls, message sticks, rumble roller, etc.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom