all posts post new thread

PlanStrong/BuiltStrong Missing a week - what to do?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

PeterLuffman

Level 5 Valued Member
I'm trying to find in the manual where it talks about what to do if your student misses a week mid plan. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks

Peter, I don't have the manual in front of me, but it's an interesting topic to discuss.

Because the progressions in PlanStrong aren't linear, assuming it's just work-related and not due to illness or injury or anything else that might be cause for concern, I'd say they could very likely just pick up where they left off. This assumes, of course, that the end date can be pushed out as well - if working backwards from a competition, that might be a problem.

-S-

Steve, it's my belief that nothing is lost in one week, so I don't see why they couldn't just jump back in. However, missing weeks is to be avoided in general and to see the best adaption you should follow the plan accordingly. In this situation we are not working towards a comp, its just a student who wants to be strong. Thanks for chiming in. I put this in the Facebook group and got crickets.

I will have a look at my manual today if I can and see if this is mentioned anywhere, but I agree with your thinking. Think, e.g., about the transition period - no accommodation is made (assuming my memory serves correctly) for whether the transition period is a week long, a month long, or anywhere in between. We still pick up with the same plan.

I put this in the Facebook group and got crickets.
Happy to help here, and no doubt others are also watching, listening, and learning.

A reminder to everyone - the only "dumb" question is the one you don't ask. If you have questions about PlanStrong, you've found your Mutual Support Society right here.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom