all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed More Dead Hang Fun

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
I spent most of the fall training the dead hang. We are having a bit of a grip competition at work and when it's over I hope to get back to it for another cycle. I would like to spend 10 min hanging as a goal.

I hang every day. I vary the grips, time, duration and intensity - weighted, unweighted and sometimes toes touching the floor. They are great for posture and mobility. Of coarse everyone reading this thread knows that.

What I’m leading up to is it’s also good for shoulder health to do farmer carries to strengthen the shoulder muscles in the opposite direction.

I hang every day. I vary the grips, time, duration and intensity - weighted, unweighted and sometimes toes touching the floor. They are great for posture and mobility. Of coarse everyone reading this thread knows that.

What I’m leading up to is it’s also good for shoulder health to do farmer carries to strengthen the shoulder muscles in the opposite direction.
Two things I never tire of hearing Dan John talk about. We need billboards.

Weirdly, suitcases carries and farmer walks help shoulders as much as some of the very fancy things some people do. Moreover, people can throw harder after monkey bars, hangs, suitcase carries, and farmer walks. I don't worry about the why, but it is amazing.

Back
Top Bottom