all posts post new thread

Programming Improv More is [sometimes] - just more!

One subject does 4 x 14-16reps (20mins), another does 8 x 14-16 reps (40mins), 4 exercises, 4-5 sessions/week. Tested body composition, Push-Ups, Pull-Ups, VO2Max, BP 1RM, DL 1RM.

Interesting, but not surprising considering that they are twins, apparently not overly concerned about diet, and training goals were endurance-related. Also, when I think about this, I do the math and realize that to get 16 sets of 14-16 reps in 20 minutes done, I'm guessing they are almost certainly doing some kind of circuit, which is (in my humble opinion) great in small doses for strength training and accessory work, but terrible in large doses.

One subject does 4 x 14-16reps (20mins), another does 8 x 14-16 reps (40mins), 4 exercises, 4-5 sessions/week. Tested body composition, Push-Ups, Pull-Ups, VO2Max, BP 1RM, DL 1RM.

Interesting, but not surprising considering that they are twins, apparently not overly concerned about diet, and training goals were endurance-related. Also, when I think about this, I do the math and realize that to get 16 sets of 14-16 reps in 20 minutes done, I'm guessing they are almost certainly doing some kind of circuit, which is (in my humble opinion) great in small doses for strength training and accessory work, but terrible in large doses.
so make them do it again - but heavy.

One subject does 4 x 14-16reps (20mins), another does 8 x 14-16 reps
If one did 4 sets of 16 and the other did 4 sets of 8, that would be interesting if the sets of 8 person used a heavier weight. But we all know what that result would be ...

-S-

Back
Top Bottom