all posts post new thread

Kettlebell My new article on Iron Cardio and Plan Strong is up!

Hey all,

My new article about a program I did combining Iron Cardio and Plan Strong is up on the StrongFirst website. If you don't get the articles emailed to you, here's the link:

Iron Cardio meets Plan Strong

I hope you enjoy it!
Brilliant! I assume that you are talking about reps per arm and not sume of both arms, contrary to Brett's style of noting sets, right?

Great article!
Were you incorporating any other strength training while testing this out (i.e. deadifting)? Same with ballistics?

Brilliant! I assume that you are talking about reps per arm and not sume of both arms, contrary to Brett's style of noting sets, right?
Yes, the total press count per session is for each arm, not one total split between both arms.

Would doing Q and D snatches on other days be acceptable??
Great question, @Mark Limbaga My guess is that would essentially be a “the same but different” approach. So while not a bad idea, maybe a bit redundant even though the IC work:rest ratios are not as specified as SE / Q&D. That’s a long winded way of saying I will defer to @Brett Jones on this one. Brett?

Thanks Mark! Hope you’ve been well!

Really fantastic stuff and congrats on your progress and the well written article.

I'm trying to jerk/press the 24kg, and have 12kg, 2x16kg, 24kg. I've been dbl 16kg: clean, jerk, squat, clean (1 rep, rest, repeat for 25 minutes) and intersperse with 24kg swings+cleans+a few attempted jerks. I'm also working through Taming the Arc.
Intersperse = 1session maybe focused on the dbls, but I will do a few sets of 24kg in the full 35-45minute session; another session mabye focused on the 24kg and I will do a few sets of dbl16 in the full session. (my finisher is typically a few sets of goblet lunges with 24kg, left leg front works, right leg front fails, I'm working on the imbalance. This is towards getting my TGU going again after sickness and injury)

Would it make sense to adjust this to the Delta20? And what would be my 'hard' option: failing jerks withe the 24kg, or passing dbl16? or single 16 for the easy days and dbl16 for the hard one, then magically I will jerk the 24kg one day in the future ;)

Really fantastic stuff and congrats on your progress and the well written article.

I'm trying to jerk/press the 24kg, and have 12kg, 2x16kg, 24kg. I've been dbl 16kg: clean, jerk, squat, clean (1 rep, rest, repeat for 25 minutes) and intersperse with 24kg swings+cleans+a few attempted jerks. I'm also working through Taming the Arc.
Intersperse = 1session maybe focused on the dbls, but I will do a few sets of 24kg in the full 35-45minute session; another session mabye focused on the 24kg and I will do a few sets of dbl16 in the full session. (my finisher is typically a few sets of goblet lunges with 24kg, left leg front works, right leg front fails, I'm working on the imbalance. This is towards getting my TGU going again after sickness and injury)

Would it make sense to adjust this to the Delta20? And what would be my 'hard' option: failing jerks withe the 24kg, or passing dbl16? or single 16 for the easy days and dbl16 for the hard one, then magically I will jerk the 24kg one day in the future ;)
@Xcal email me, please.

I really enjoyed this article. I feel like S&S, Q&D, and KBSF get a lot of credit (and for good reason), but Iron Cardio sometimes gets lost in the shuffle. It’s an amazing program. Personally, I think it’s the very best example of a morning workout being a “refresh.”

Great program, great article!

I really enjoyed this article. I feel like S&S, Q&D, and KBSF get a lot of credit (and for good reason), but Iron Cardio sometimes gets lost in the shuffle. It’s an amazing program. Personally, I think it’s the very best example of a morning workout being a “refresh.”

Great program, great article!
Thanks so much @AJL !

Back
Top Bottom