all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed My Simple Endurance Training Guide

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

mprevost

Level 7 Valued Member
This is a simple endurance training guide I wrote (focused on running) for my buddy Josh at Shamma Sandals (love my Shammas!). It discusses how to program for two different goals, health or performance. I use a stripped down, minimalist Periodized template. It is the basis for all good endurance training programs but here I keep it simple. We used this template in training Midshipmen for the PRT and for the USMC PFT with good success. Others have used it for various race distances. It works. The template can be applied for just about any race distance, or just for general health. There is a bit of science geek in there but I kept it to a minimum. Hope you find it useful.

Endurance-Guide.pdf

Thank you Mike. And you include one of my favorite and most poignant Einstein quotes...

Wonderful. Very kind of you Mike, thank you. That's a fine compilation of your graphic diagrams in one place!

Of course I don't read the whole 31 pages yet, but assuming it comes from you I expect very valuable info.
And you give it out for free! Most people would have priced this as 5-20$.
Thanks a lot!

Fantastic guide, Mike, thank you VERY much for sharing it. You write much better and bring more clarity than most of the books I have on the subject of HR and endurance training. I especially appreciated the part about HR and heat, right now. :) Very well-explained.

Thanks so much Mike. This comes at exactly the right time for me.

Minor typo on the "going long" page: "tra90in" -> train, "ses100sion" -> session

@mprevost I read the guide yesterday and really enjoyed it. Thanks a lot for sharing it and congrats on such a great guide. In particular I really enjoyed how easy it would be to put together a simple plan once the goals have been stablished.

I was thinking about my running in Annapolis, MD. I wore the Shammas down to about 10 degrees with socks no problem. I think I could go colder with thicker socks. You can find some really thick tabbi socks (like a mitten for your feet). Cold here in Loa Angeles is 50 degrees ; )

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom