all posts post new thread

My training log.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Completed Wendlers building the monolith program. Strength gains were significant. Probably added 30 lbs on deadlift and 20 on bench. Really close to the 405 double overhand deadlift. Looking noticeably thicker all over. I slacked off on the assistance exercises a bit. The only cardio I did was a fair amount of walking twice a week. Pros of the program. It is effective. Cons. It takes a long time to finish a workout. Great program. Added a quarter of an inch on my arms cold.

Back in judo. So 3x3 clean and push press and front squats 3x5 two to three times a week. Squats are only 2 days a week. Some neutral grip pullups and I am done. My uchi mata felt stronger than ever. Strength significantly increased.

Trap bar deadlift 5,3,2 last two reps 350 lbs. Presses 3x1,2,3. Swings with 88 lbs 3x10. No one ever uses the trap bar so sticking with that. Always have access to it.

5 3 2 on trap bar deadlifts. Worked up to 340 lbs last two reps. Nothing heavy. 3× 1,2,3 on over head presses. 130 lbs. Ended with one set of neutral grip pullups.

5 3 2 trap bar deadlift. Ended with 375 for two. 135 overhead press 3x 1,2,3.

Achieved a comfortable 405 lbs trap bar deadlift. Now focusing on zercher squats and bench press. Zercher squats 532 with the 2 being a solid double. Bench press the same thing. Squats are not my strong suit but changing that.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom