all posts post new thread

My training log.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Erik

Level 4 Valued Member
My name is Erik. I like to strength train and now picking up my judo training. Train Enshin as well but judo is more of a priority. Focusing on a few moves. The floor press style. Single leg squats, deadlifts and chin ups are my main focus for 6-8 weeks. Todays session. 3x5 single leg squats holding two 15 lbs dumbbells. Floor press 3x5 185 lbs. Chinups gtg style. Ended the day with 11-2 minute rounds of practicing some throws and sweeps and 5-2 minutes on heavy bag ending with dynamic stretching.

This log saves me from keeping track of my notebook. Thankful for that as well. Today just practicing tai otoshi, ipppon seo nage with a belt around a tree for 5 rounds of two minutes than pulled out my grappling dummy practiced armbars from mount and pins side control and north and south. Ended this morning playing with my son with forward rolls, bear crawls, crab walks and just movement. Later, light running and dynamic stretching. I always practice my fast and loose style drills ot is now just habit.

5 sets of 3 double kettlebell clean and jerk, 3x5 single leg squats with two 15 lbs dumbbells early morning. Ended with farmers walk and a set of chin ups. Private judo training in evening

Will be running wendlers 531 mma program. 10 minutes uchikomes ended with 5 minutes of jump rope. A 20 minute walk and some dynamic stretching later.

My ADD decided to scratch 531 and just hit the original pttp with deadlifts almost 10 inches off ground ( feels the right spot for my back and feels good) with some barbell board press ( limit the range of motion on the bench press to imitate a floor press. just let me know the proper depth.) Yesterday pttp with some gi pullups. Today. pttp with some loaded carries. a little bit of gtg one legged squats Mike Boyle style. easier on the hip for me.
Goal :
My vanity: aesthetically my traps and lats and back with a hint of pecks have put on muscle. Arms are stubborn but I am planning on losing 5 lbs of fat to show off my physique more. 4-6 week timeline so It's not a priority per se.

Mornings. pttp or light cardio ( jump rope, light run or walk) depending on the day.
Evenings. Uchikomes or (Enshin) with my new bands coming and private practice once a week.

4-6 weeks of this. Recovery methods will be taken care of but my sleep is struggling still.

Probably shouldnt have done it but 1 rm of weighted chinup with 85 lbs. Conversation happened and curiosity got to me. Not much today just that and some light uchi komes.

Pttp early morning. Later enshin warm ups. Playing with my son with jump roping with uchikomes and 20 minutes of sabaki pads end with stretching. My best results are coming with moving and keeping active throughout the day.

Taking a break from judo for what is happening. For fun and vanity running the modified delorme. Board press and deadlift. 6 weeks hard focus. Will report results at very end.

Warmed up with some tumbling and jump rope ended with Wim Hof breathing guide for beginners. I like the benefits I saw with relaxation.

Pleasantly surprised. Threw on 220 for the bench when it was supposed to be 200. Thought it was 200 and finished my set. Realized I put on extra tens. 220 on small board press. Felt like I could reach 7 reps with a brief pause style. Dropped down immediately back to 200 once realized but happy with my progress. Delorme was put on hold due to Enshin training back available to me. 3x3 board press. Elevated deadlifts ending with one arm carries. A workout. B workout one arm clean and jerks 3x3 (slowly build up) goblet squats 3x5 and chin ups 3x3. ( each workout a couple light sets of ab roller. 3 times a week Feels good on back My sweet spot like Dan John and Pavel have discussed. 10 reps. Recovery simple 3rd week entering I believe. Will run this for 4 more weeks.

Today was tumbling, 5 minutes of jump rope and 20 minutes of shadowboxing. It is extremely difficult for me to not workout hard and at 29 I am already trying to establish a different mindset with training and am having my best progress. Less can be more.

Yesterday did 3x3 200 board press. 3x3 260 lbs deadlift. Taking my sweet time on increasing. On about my 10 rep maxes. Have 3 more weeks after tomorrow. As long as I do it I get results. I am getting pretty good at tightening my abs so hard on the exercise.

I am closing in on my 405 lbs double overhand deadlift. Switched to a sumo ish style and it feels good and compatible on my body. Been busy with the 5 3 2 deadlifts and the 2 reps is heavier. And ladder one arm presses program from the easy strength book for a couple of weeks switching between 53 lbs and 70 lbs. anecdotal but my shoulders look a bit thicker. ( also cleaned up nutrition). I am sticking with this until i reach my goal on deadlift.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom