all posts post new thread

Naked cardio aka Warrior cardio

If I may channel my inner Pavel here :), not many men are as manly as Yoana and Sara were and are to complete the bodyweight circuit described in the article. NB: I was at that workshop and watched them do this. If you want to attempt this, please be sure to use a variation of the given lifts you can perform for 5 reps or so, or substitute your own choices for the exercises given there.

-S-

I’ve thought about that very thing, how you might scale it if you’re not proficient in 1 arm push-ups or pistols?

Maybe something like 2 hand push-up variation, rows, and goblet squats or lunges?

I’ve thought about that very thing, how you might scale it if you’re not proficient in 1 arm push-ups or pistols?

Maybe something like 2 hand push-up variation, rows, and goblet squats or lunges?
Do few resistance band push ups or archer push up, pull up and goblet squat or possibly airborne lunge. Use also travelling twos, possibly triples here and there.
Should work as well as stantard strength aerobics. Principles are universal anyway.
Full body work, enough resistance and cardio.
Repeat 20-60 minutes, 2-3 times a week.

Repeat until strong!

I would look at the pushup progressions from The Naked Warrior. For example, one-hand push-ups on a raised platform of different heights. You can sometimes alternate this with two-handed dive bomber push-ups, parallel bars dips, handstand push-ups, and so on.

My left shoulder doesn’t care for 1 arm push-ups but two hand versions seem fine. And I’m not strong enough in pull-ups to use it for this so maybe inverted rows?

Maybe push-ups, inverted rows, and lunges with a weighted backpack to adjust the difficulty level?

My left shoulder doesn’t care for 1 arm push-ups but two hand versions seem fine. And I’m not strong enough in pull-ups to use it for this so maybe inverted rows?

Maybe push-ups, inverted rows, and lunges with a weighted backpack to adjust the difficulty level?
I did a couple of sessions a while back using push-ups, assisted pull-ups (similar to jacknife pull-ups) and assisted pistols and it worked well. I couldn't do enough pull-ups or pistols to use the unassisted version. I could adjust the assistance I gave myself as the session progressed and still get a decent training session.

I'm sure push-ups, rows and lunges (or even step-ups) with a backpack would work well too.

I actually did session less than 10 minutes ago.

I did 2 air squats, 1 slow push up(3 ct down, 3ct hold, 3ct up), 1 pull up.

I did around 15 rounds in 20 mins. It was good session cardio wise and If you use heavy enough bw variations It should also promote strength.

Screenshot_20230306_101036_Polar Beat.jpg

Back
Top Bottom