all posts post new thread

Old Forum Naked warrior 2

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Lawless

Level 1 Valued Member
First off hats off to Pavel for Simple & Sinister, another piece of excellent material I have come to expect now from Pavel.

To be honest I have not yet followed the programme as had broken ribs when I first came to read the book & because of that I could not perform Turkish Get Ups without pain in around the back which was the location of the rib injury. Thankfully this is no longer a concern after following advice from Steve Freides from this forum.

After the injury had healed I Started GTG with OAPU & pistols as shown in the naked warrior except I added pull ups in there as well.

After reading material on this site regarding prep for the bodyweight cert which shows doing these three exercises as the bodyweight power lifts as they contain a push, pull & a squat it made perfect sense to add the pull up in there as well.

I have modified the intensity as well of the GTG practice as currently practice has to take place after work with a two hour window.   I followed advice given by Pavel in another post to someone else to increase the intensity of the exercises to 80% for a one hour practice while still adhering to the GTG principles of staying fresh & staying away from failure which has worked perfectly for me.

I currently carry out this practice 3 times a week with some added bridges, planks & captain of crush grip work on variety days.

Since the Naked Warrior the teachings appeared to have moved on ten fold with progressions & format etc relating to bodyweight training.

I am sure that everyone reading this post would agree that a Naked Warrior 2 or what ever it would be called would be another game changer for those who training needs to be rugged & reliable in the pursuit of excellence.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom