all posts post new thread

Old Forum Nate Morrison´s Combat Conditioning?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Rigor Mortis

Level 1 Valued Member
Hey!

What do you think about Morrison's latest work?

I bought the book last week. IMO the advertising of the book and the history parts of it sounds like a scam, but programming looks pretty intelligent.

Any thougths?

I haven't read this book yet, but am about a third of the way through The Morrison System.  While i can't give you a full review yet, but so far I've found it to be pretty in line with many of StrongFirst's methodologies.  In fact Pavel is directly quoted in this book quite a bit. Two areas where I really like his approach are his running program and his weighted ruck hikes.  Both are gradual and progressive and allow for plenty of recovery time.

In the pull up section he uses the high frequency low rep GTG program of which I am a big fan.  I used this program to progress from sets of 5 bodyweight pull ups every hour to sets of 5 with a 60 lb. pack.

I would wholeheartedly recommend Easy Strength by Pavel and Dan John to just about everyone as it is by far one of the best strength and conditioning books I have read.  Beyond that as far as specific programs I would need to know a whole lot more from you about your starting point, fitness requirements and goals, and restrictions to training.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom