all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed New training block, Isometrics as primary resistance training

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Hmm. This is a very interesting thread.

I'm wondering if adding 15-20 sec sprints-in-place after heavy Turkish get-ups (a semi-isometric lift) would trigger a bit of hypertrophy with them? I'll have to try that with S&S sometime.

Honestly I doubt it. The issue with TGU, iso isn't at long length for any of the prime movers.

That said, give it a try! Plenty of people told me my isometric plan would never work.

I'm planning to put together a series that can be done with just a length of strap or canvas. I want to make it more accessible, easier to blend with traditional lifting.

Was looking at some older tape I made when I first started dialing this in - very deficient in hinge and squat but the upper body stuff was reasonably effective.

I'm planning to put together a series that can be done with just a length of strap or canvas. I want to make it more accessible, easier to blend with traditional lifting.

Was looking at some older tape I made when I first started dialing this in - very deficient in hinge and squat but the upper body stuff was reasonably effective.

I'm looking forward to that! I keep telling you, I'll buy anything you put out lol

Back
Top Bottom