all posts post new thread

Old Forum Ok folks here is what I have so far...

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

SupermanBeyond1938

Level 2 Valued Member
For the last couple of weeks I've been doing the grease to the groove method for Pull ups and Pistol Squats. I get home from work and throughout the rest of the day I would do those two following the fighter pull up program. Sometimes trying out weighted pistol squats as well.

I'm now trying to create some kind of workout routine and would also like to expand it to at least a little more then the two exercises mentioned above.

What else could I or should I incorporate? Thanks

Oh and as far as my goals are concerned its simple to be healthier and physically stronger. Yeah looks are nice and all that jazz but that isn't my priority and being able to perform and feel better is!

Many options, but i would choose the one exercise from each movement: squat,hinge,pull,push,carries and do it in some Easy Strength style.

The last article of Dan about 40 day training will fit you perfectly.

Hello Superman Beyond,

Some form of press would be high on the list. I don't know what equipment you have so it's hard to recommend. Assuming you plan on working out at home(?) with minimal equipment(?), I would say either a hard bodyweight press variation (such as OAP, planche, depending on your current level) or if you have the necessary weights a big weighted press (dips, OHP).

Oh and as far as my goals are concerned its simple to be healthier and physically stronger. Yeah looks are nice and all that jazz but that isn’t my priority and being able to perform and feel better is!

May I also suggest that you concretize your goals a bit? "Feeling better", "being able to perform" and "being physically stronger" are of course admirable but very diffuse. Strong in what? Perform better in what? Put some real thoughts into your goal and I think you'll find it easier to figure out what you need to add or remove from your training.

Good luck.

Yes I will be working out at home and have decided that I'm going to have to focus and work with kettlebells. So any exercises that I can do with them I will focus on.

Fighter pull up program with some easy GTG sets of pistols and one arm push ups. That is pretty much what I have done when I have nothing else. Maybe add some burpees or sprints a couple times a week for conditioning.

If you can get a hold of at least one kettlebell...Just do S&S. Easy strength movements like Luko said would be great too.

What are your goals? Get better at fewer things. Don't add exercises just for the sake of variety.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom