all posts post new thread

Old Forum One arm pull up progression.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Jasiek

Level 1 Valued Member
I can do 9 unheaven pull ups, but I can't do one arm pull up or 1/2 one arm pull up. I was doing one arm hang in tension, now I'm doing pull ups +20kgs(My weight is 60 kgs). I wasn't to do 20 pull ups with 20 kgs(in 3-4 sets like this 1 pull up 10 seconds break 2 pull ups 10 seconds break 3 pull ups 1 minute break 1 pull up 10 seconds break 2 pull ups 1 minute break 1 pull up 10 seconds break 2 pull ups one minute break 1 pull up 10 seconds break 1 pull up that was in "Beyond bodybuilding"), after that I think that I'll can do one arm pull up. Is it good way to do this.

Being able to do a one arm pull up is really, really hard. Have you looked at the article on <a title="One Arm" href="http://www.beastskills.com/one-arm-chin-up-pull-up/">BeastSkills</a>? It's a pretty good write up, and his big recommendations are heavy weighted chins, assisted one arm chins and building up to negatives. There's no real formula for when to start negatives, but you want to make sure you are ready.

Aris also has a guide on his blog HERE that is worth a read.

OP, you have a better chance of learning to use your lats to fly, than getting a legit one arm pullup by doing short ladders with +1/3 bodyweight. Heavy weighted chins, lots of prehab, and eventual static holds and partials/assisted reps are the way to go.

Oh and thanks Andy!

Jan, when you can do it with 40kg, you will have the strength and just will need to groove the move.

That would be increasing strength endurance, you want to increase maximal strength, Use ladders, fives or triples and work on increasing the weight, not the reps.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom