all posts post new thread

Old Forum One-arm Swing Question - One Side Doign Slightly More Work?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

NonStop

Level 5 Valued Member
I've recently started doing Simple and Sinister style swings 3 times a week, and just started playing with the one-arm swing. Is it 'right' to feel one side of your  hammies and glutes doing slightly more work with one-arm swings (the sides change when holding the bell in the other hand)?

Thank you in advance!

Much of the benefit of one-arm swings comes from trying to do them as if your two sides were loaded equally.  Of course, the laws of physics don't change based on our desires, and one-sided loading means that the feeling you're describing is normal.  Just don't focus on it too much, and try to load both feet equally.

-S-

Thank you for the replies people, will try and concentrate on loading both sides, strangely enough I feel the opposing side to the side holding the bell do slightly more work, but will fine-tune the movements as time goes by :)

There was a thread on this topic a while back.  One-armers are slightly contralateral, but it's a moot point since you're training both sides.

Interesting stuff, I thought that was the case, glad things are firing as they should be!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom