all posts post new thread

Old Forum One week alternating blocks

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Miller531

Level 1 Valued Member
I'm experimenting with block training, like shown in ROTK and Easy Strength for a while now and I wonder what effect it would have if I wouldn't do alternating 2 week blocks but alternating 1 week blocks instead? I understand why the blocks shouldn't be longer than 2 weeks (detraining), but why not shorter - one week?

To clarify I'm not doing the ROTK program - i was just inspired by the idea of block training: I'm currently alternating Swings and DL, as well as Get-ups with Weighted Dips in blocks. One week mini-cycles would be easier to follow when life baffles my training planning at busy times, because it's easier to pick up the groove of alternating one week blocks, than when you do something wrong with two week blocks.

But are one week blocks even worth to bother with?

Of course I could just experiment, but maybe Pavel or someone else on this forum has a qualified opinion about this. I would be glad to hear it then :]

Give it a try but one week blocks will likely not provide enough time for adaptation/progression and you will probably need to be careful with your weight selection etc...(waving the load)

Many thanks for your answers, Brett and Pavel! You convinced me then to stay with 2 week blocks until I'll be changing up the program in a couple of months altogether.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom