all posts post new thread

Old Forum Over head press position

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

tony1214

Level 1 Valued Member
I have a question on overhead position. It seems that if at the top of the press that shrugging up with the numerous in external rotation. Would allow for better rotation of the scapula and be healthier for shoulder than just packing the shoulders down. The external rotation will naturally turn on the Lats, middle lower trap, romboids, and the shrug would allow the rotation of scapula to finish. Any thoughts or opinions?

This stuff is certainly out of my depth personally, but this guest post on Bret Contreras' blog may be relevant and interesting to you:
http://bretcontreras.com/2012/09/when-coaching-cues-attack-packing-the-shoulder/

Are you talking about Barbell Overhead Press?

I pack the shoulder.  Power To The People Professional has some really good information about Overhead Press.  My groove has improved a lot.

Samuel, thanks for link great article!

Toby, I am speaking to all OHP positions, the implement(bb,kb,db) dose not change the biomechanics. Thanks for tip, I read some bad reviews of PP professional, but if you say there is good info in it I will have to get it.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom