all posts post new thread

Barbell Pavel's 80/20 Program

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

griggski

Level 4 Valued Member
Has anyone tried Pavel's 80/20 5x5 program, based on Alexander Faleev's training? I've wanted to try this for a very long time but always put it off (not enough variety, I want to do this and that lift, etc.). I finally decided to go all in with it, and I'm getting good results so far. I'm only on week four, but I've added weight in all lifts so far. Does anybody have any success stories? Long-term results/sustainability? I'm just wondering about the implications of only doing 3 lifts for an extended period. I've resolved to keep this up for at least 6 months to see what kind of results I get, then I'll reassess where I'm at.

griggski, I believe there are some comments on the blog about people who've done this, and I think there have been other threads here as well - try the Search function and see what you find.

-S-

Thanks Steve! I didn't realize the revamped forum has a working search function. Neat. By the way, I actually sat a few seats away from you at the Arizona Plan Strong workshop last year! I followed that program for about 6 months this year, took my squat max from 285 to 350; it was wild! Overall life stress and time constraints have made the weekly/monthly detailed programming a bit much at the moment. I'm enjoying the simplified 5x5 approach, it requires zero brain power, which is occasionally a good thing.

Arizona - ah, yes, the first Plan Strong. That's a _nice_ jump in your squat!

If you don't find what you want via the Search function, post back and we will help however we can.

-S-

I found a lot of interesting threads, but most of it was "I'm going to try 80/20" or "briefly tried 80/20" or "I'm trying 80/20 as written, plus pull-ups, S&S, and a modified 3 day split." I wanted to know if anyone followed it for longer periods - like a year - and what their results. I'm doing the 5 day/week approach, 3 lifts only, 1 lift per day, as written, and I'm feeling great so far. I was just curious about success stories, I'm not struggling with the program or anything. Hopefully I'll be posting back in 6 months with tales of my amazing progress!

Kevin

Make sure you read the comments to the 80/20 article on Tim's blog as well - lot's of very valuable information there, I kept lots of notes.

Are you still following the plan?
The 3 day version is a good compromise (it was in the comment section or the FAQ blog entry in 4HB blog) and I did it for around 8 weeks last year.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom