all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Pavel's Latest Article, "Introducing the StrongFirst WOD"

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
But maybe it's the same dilemma as with the weightlifters, as it's not a competition lift, no one but strongmen really see a lot of value in training it.

I think a lot of gym rats also lack the shoulder girdle mobility to do it well, especially with a barbell, where the ergonomics are less favorable.

And you can't stack on nearly as many plates, so the ego can take a bruising.

I think a lot of gym rats also lack the shoulder girdle mobility to do it well, especially with a barbell, where the ergonomics are less favorable.

And you can't stack on nearly as many plates, so the ego can take a bruising.

I'm not sure the mobility is so bad when pressing from the front but behind the neck, for sure. I must be the only one I know who does it. Still, even from the front, it's rare to see it pressed dead from the chest.

ROP is C&P with snatch

I've seen 044 snatch plan version allowing for low reps of MP

There is so much focus on the press in ROP, both as described in ETK and in discussions, that I forgot about the snatch having a performance target as well.

"Workout of a (the) decade" Just stumbled on this excellent description In this great post by Harold Motz : thoughts on simple and sinister

Aha, yes, it seems that Harald was the one to coin the phrase! And based on my reply in that thread over 6 years ago, that was the first time I "met" Harald. I have been honored to train alongside with him all this time, if only virtually, mostly under the guidance of @Al Ciampa.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom