all posts post new thread

[PAVEL'S NEW BOOK] Kettlebell Axe: High Speed, Low Drag Alternative to HIIT

I am including it in my strenght training as a base for the snatch test. I am currently doing 8 hand to Hand swings with a 32kg for 25 minutes. I am wondering if i am supposed to stop at 6 reps per minutes and increase the load? In my last session i have never passed 140bpm am doing it ok?

Attachments

• IMG_5364.jpeg
    IMG_5364.jpeg
    71.6 KB · Views: 6
I am including it in my strenght training as a base for the snatch test. I am currently doing 8 hand to Hand swings with a 32kg for 25 minutes. I am wondering if i am supposed to stop at 6 reps per minutes and increase the load? In my last session i have never passed 140bpm am doing it ok?
My understanding, 40 rounds of 6 with no stop signs, then add weight.

From what I’ve read and understand, 40 minutes is at high end. I progress through 20 minutes, work my way up to 30 minutes with the rep range described in the book. 2-6. Stay at 30 minutes for a while, then re-start and add weight on the 20 minutes. And so on.

Last edited:
Hey guys,

I just got the book and I wanna go ahead and get to the meat and potatoes of this program and I’ll read up on the theory later. In which chapter is the program put into to reps, time, weight etc?

Hey guys,

I just got the book and I wanna go ahead and get to the meat and potatoes of this program and I’ll read up on the theory later. In which chapter is the program put into to reps, time, weight etc?
"Part 2: The System" starts with the chapter "Axe Defined".

The second to last chapter in the book is called "A Summary "

Back
Top Bottom