all posts post new thread

Strong Endurance Plan 523A

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Roxanne

Level 4 Valued Member
Elite Certified Instructor
Sinister
I haven't trained endurance in a while so I was looking for a challenge to prepare me for the Strong Endurance version S&S. I had 6 weeks to do a stand alone Kettlebell workout while I waited for my husband to finish a program he was on. I chose Plan 523A. It had everything I wanted, heavy swings and heavy snatches, not much room for anything else.
The bells I picked was 20 kg for the two minute snatch warm up pacer, 24 kg for heavy snatches and 32kg for my heavy swings.

Daily warm-up was shoe get-ups, 1/1 x5 and goblet squats usually with the 16kg, 3x5.

The first week was great, I deadlifted on Monday before the session. Only had 3 days of work this week to you ease in.
Week 2- starts 4 days of work, I was still able maintain the deadlift work, on Monday before my session.
Week 3-another 4 days of work and it's getting to be tough. I'm no longer working deadlifts in on Monday.
Week 4- this week was brutal! 5 days in a row. Starting each of the five sessions with the two minute snatch pacer. There is no room for having those 'I don't wanna' days in this plan! By the end of this 4th week I will have done 2,010 swings and snatches, and 640 pacer snatches on top of that. My hands, my hands, they hurt but hallelujah they did not tear!
Week 5-back to 4 days of work and seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.
Week 6- this plan is coming to an end I am rejoicing, in celebration I wanted to do the last two sessions with the 22 kg snatch pacer, 28kg for the snatch and 36 kg for the swing. This Plan was not easy, but I loved it.
I did not test my snatch test at the end, my test was to see how many solid swings I could get in 5 minutes with the 36 kg. I got 100 swings and felt as though I may have been strong enough after the swings to start some get-ups.....
The quick recovery was well worth the work I put in.
In the week after, I did the SSST with the 16 kg and got 215 at an easy pace and again took hardly anytime to recover.

Last edited:
Great job!
I did the same (523A) to prepare TSC snatch with 16kg for 2min pacer, 24kg Heavy SN , 40kg 2AS, 32kg OAS, 20kg DSW

Test SSST with 16kg was great idea! and I will try!
Will you compete this TSC? which category?

I haven't trained endurance in a while so I was looking for a challenge to prepare me for the Strong Endurance version S&S. I had 6 weeks to do a stand alone Kettlebell workout while I waited for my husband to finish a program he was on. I chose Plan 523A. It had everything I wanted, heavy swings and heavy snatches, not much room for anything else.
The bells I picked was 20 kg for the two minute snatch warm up pacer, 24 kg for heavy snatches and 32kg for my heavy swings.

Daily warm-up was shoe get-ups, 1/1 x5 and goblet squats usually with the 16kg, 3x5.

The first week was great, I deadlifted on Monday before the session. Only had 3 days of work this week to you ease in.
Week 2- starts 4 days of work, I was still able maintain the deadlift work, on Monday before my session.
Week 3-another 4 days of work and it's getting to be tough. I'm no longer working deadlifts in on Monday.
Week 4- this week was brutal! 5 days in a row. Starting each of the five sessions with the two minute snatch pacer. There is no room for having those 'I don't wanna' days in this plan! By the end of this 4th week I will have done 2,010 swings and snatches, and 640 pacer snatches on top of that. My hands, my hands, they hurt but hallelujah they did not tear!
Week 5-back to 4 days of work and seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.
Week 6- this plan is coming to an end I am rejoicing, in celebration I wanted to do the last two sessions with the 22 kg snatch pacer, 28kg for the snatch and 36 kg for the swing. This Plan was not easy, but I loved it.
I did not test my snatch test at the end, my test was to see how many solid swings I could get in 5 minutes with the 36 kg. I got 100 swings and felt as though I may have been strong enough after the swings to start some get-ups.....
The quick recovery was well worth the work I put in.
In the week after, I did the SSST with the 16 kg and got 215 at an easy pace and again took hardly anytime to recover.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom