all posts post new thread

Plan strong and review of daily dose deadlifts

deadliftenthusiast

Level 1 Valued Member
I have been thinking about what to do after I finish the Daily Dose Deadlift program(I plan on a max out day after I finish the program) and I have been recommended the plan strong programs, but I had a question before I decide to purchase because they are quite expensive. I want to improve my bench press and my deadlift so I picked the 2 lifts option and it went right to payment after. Will the program be more customizable after I purchase? As for daily dose deadlifts it is going well I would say. I took 95 percent of my PRs before I plugged in my numbers and I think that was a good idea because this program is very difficult. You would think that completing 3-5 singles every day would be easy but it truly builds up over time and there are sometimes when it is very mentally draining to complete. This is also because I decided to complete the same program for bench press and I added in pull-ups as well lol. I should have completed the program as laid out because completing those lifts every day is exhausting. I have learned that for me I should just complete one lift a day and lift about 3-5 times a week. Anything over that it to hard to sustain. I have also learned how you feel day to day is truly a lie. My bar speed is always quite good but sometimes it feels a lot slower than it actually is. I don’t know if I will hit 600 by the end of this cycle and if I don’t I will be truly lost for the first time in my training history. This plateau has lasted over a year now and I hope this program ends up working. Thank you guys for listening to my rambling and let me know if you have any program advice.

I have been thinking about what to do after I finish the Daily Dose Deadlift program(I plan on a max out day after I finish the program) and I have been recommended the plan strong programs, but I had a question before I decide to purchase because they are quite expensive. I want to improve my bench press and my deadlift so I picked the 2 lifts option and it went right to payment after. Will the program be more customizable after I purchase? As for daily dose deadlifts it is going well I would say. I took 95 percent of my PRs before I plugged in my numbers and I think that was a good idea because this program is very difficult. You would think that completing 3-5 singles every day would be easy but it truly builds up over time and there are sometimes when it is very mentally draining to complete. This is also because I decided to complete the same program for bench press and I added in pull-ups as well lol. I should have completed the program as laid out because completing those lifts every day is exhausting. I have learned that for me I should just complete one lift a day and lift about 3-5 times a week. Anything over that it to hard to sustain. I have also learned how you feel day to day is truly a lie. My bar speed is always quite good but sometimes it feels a lot slower than it actually is. I don’t know if I will hit 600 by the end of this cycle and if I don’t I will be truly lost for the first time in my training history. This plateau has lasted over a year now and I hope this program ends up working. Thank you guys for listening to my rambling and let me know if you have any program advice.
Not to take anything away from buying a plan strong program… but if you are OK with dropping a couple hundred on breaking a plateau it might be time to find a coach that can help you out.

Also yeah, deadlifting every day is exhausting. Recovery is important and probably where you are lacking.

The third time I ran DDD, I modified the volume per week. 2 days a week I'd pull 4 singles and 2 days a week I'd pull 3 singles, totalling only 14 singles a week. I then only did the bumped up % days, once every two week, on the 8th session. I coupled this with AXE 1-hand swings to fill in the 'hinging' part of my training. This took my PR from 430 to 450 on a trap bar deadlift. I ran this alongside BuiltStrong Minimalist; which seemed to complement that program.

I haven't done a Plan Strong program, but I just started another Fabio program Reload. My PR test was two weeks ago and I'm still not ready to resume DDD. The plan is to use DDD as a warmup for Reload. All three times I've run DDD, I did so by warming up for my main programming with DDD. This has been very effective for me, both in getting solid reps in and my body pretty warmed up for whatever else is after.

Back
Top Bottom