all posts post new thread

Off-Topic Post a picture of your training gear DIYs

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Benjamin Renaud

Level 8 Valued Member
After suggesting a DIY dip station to @Kev in this post. I figured I should ask people on here to post a picture of their own DIY fitness equipment in this thread. We might all get great ideas.

I'll post what I've made over the years. Stall bars with pull-up/dip attachment and board for HLRs. Pinch blocks and pull-up dowels. Wooden parrallettes.

IMG_5766.JPGIMG_0248.JPG2075.JPG

I am a huge fan of DIYing fitness gear.
I think it its a big motivator to actually use it because theres alot of "skin in the game".
Also its customizable to your own needs.

Last year I needed paralettes that would be bigger then then the small pushup ones (for Lsit to Handstand transitions)
but small enough to fit in my gym bag.....
Had alot of trouble finding the perfect size so I made these...............

20220614_192718.jpg

After suggesting a DIY dip station to @Kev in this post. I figured I should ask people on here to post a picture of their own DIY fitness equipment in this thread. We might all get great ideas.

I'll post what I've made over the years. Stall bars with pull-up/dip attachment and board for HLRs. Pinch blocks and pull-up dowels. Wooden parrallettes.

View attachment 17976View attachment 17977View attachment 17979
Is there anyway to get the blueprints of those stall bars?

@John K neat rack for your plates! Nice bar too.

@Abishai I posted a thread here in the past with a link to the file on Googledrive but the link keeps bugging. Just PM me your email adress and I'll send you the file. If you're interested in making it I'll also explain the light mods I'd do if I was to make them again.

Also I love the fact that you can break down your parrallettes to carry with you.

Last edited:
@John K neat rack for your plates! Nice bar too.

@Abishai I posted a thread here in the past with a link to the file on Googledrive but the link keeps bugging. Just PM me your email adress and I'll send you the file. If you're serious about making it I'll also explain the light mods I'd do if I was to make them again.

Also I love the fact that you can break down your parrallettes to carry with you.
I dont have space for it yet but the second I own a house with a garage that is being in it.....

I am a huge fan of DIYing fitness gear.
I think it its a big motivator to actually use it because theres alot of "skin in the game".
Also its customizable to your own needs.

Last year I needed paralettes that would be bigger then then the small pushup ones (for Lsit to Handstand transitions)
but small enough to fit in my gym bag.....
Had alot of trouble finding the perfect size so I made these...............

View attachment 17982
Endorsed

B6B88022-DF5A-473E-BF23-9E9E8ADBF854.jpeg

View attachment 17976View attachment 17977View attachment 17979
Those pinch blocks and hubs cost daft money if you buy them online.

I used to use those PVC parallettes when I was a kid doing gymnastics, and I was going to make another set as they are so simple but I was worried they wouldn't actually hold a grown adult. Good to see they work for adults so I'll be making a set soon.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom