all posts post new thread

Old Forum Power Breathing in bodywieght training

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

wertigo

First Post
Hi,
I want to ask about Power Breathing. I have read "Naked Warrior" and "Power to the People!", so I know basics about this technique. I can do Power Breathing drills from these books while standing like Reverse Power Breating from Naked Warrior (pages 83-85) or drill recommended by professor Zatsiorsky from "Power to the People!" (page 65). I have problems with adding this Power Breathing to basic Bodyweight drills like push-ups. Till now I was doing everything with inhaling during positive and exhaling during negative. Now I want change it to Power Breathing.

I will be thankful if somebody would tell me how I should breath using Power Breathing during push-ups. Should it looks like this?:
1. Before negative - inhale using stomach through nose for 75% lungs capacity.
2. During descending perform an anal lock and send pressure low, just like in bowel movement (Reverse Power Breathing).
3. During ascending release small amounts of air with high pressure.
4. On the top relax anal lock and again inhale just like in point 1.
5. Repeat points 1-4.

Sorry for mistakes in my English.

<a title="View Wojciech Gorecki's profile" href="http://www.strongfirst.com/users/wertigo/" rel="nofollow">Wojciech</a>, you may inhale on top or on the way down.  On the way up visualize sending your high pressure breath from your stomach through your lat into your palm.

I have a question on power breathing too. Do i tighten up first with all the tension techniques mentioned in naked worrior and use power breathing after tensing up or is the reverse true?

Thanks.

In meantime I also found some informations about Power Breathing and with your help now everything is much more clearer.

Last question: should I exhale through mouth or through nose? In some videos I saw that people exhale through mouth with hissing, but in Naked Warrior and Power to the People is written that only breathing through nose is good in strentgh training.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom