all posts post new thread

Barbell Power clean form check

I’d recommend some in person coaching if you are wanting to learn the power clean. There are a lot of points to learn to have a good power clean. If I could give you one pointer is you want to jump into triple extension. Your knees stayed bent. If you look up an Olympic lifting gym near you or powerlifting you could set up a private lesson. The last time I went to a weightlifting coach for coaching I only paid $60 and the coach was willing to stay as long as I was willing to work because I drove over an hour to meet him. It was well worth the time. He got me to be able to perform a snatch within about an hour and gave me a lot of information.

It looks quite good to me. Solid start position. Your hips rise faster than your shoulders on the first pull off the floor, so the fix for that is to focus on pressing into the ground with the feet while not dropping the chest so back angle stays constant until bar is above the knee. Power position, arms, extension, pulling under the bar with fast elbows, stance change with the feet -- all good, I'd say.

I’d recommend some in person coaching if you are wanting to learn the power clean. There are a lot of points to learn to have a good power clean. If I could give you one pointer is you want to jump into triple extension. Your knees stayed bent. If you look up an Olympic lifting gym near you or powerlifting you could set up a private lesson. The last time I went to a weightlifting coach for coaching I only paid $60 and the coach was willing to stay as long as I was willing to work because I drove over an hour to meet him. It was well worth the time. He got me to be able to perform a snatch within about an hour and gave me a lot of information.
I did jump, my feet actually broke contact with the ground at 0:19-0:20

The meat of the burger is the equivalent of the triple extension for Olympic lifts..

This is also why as you're learning them, finding other movements where you can practice power development is a good idea

Back
Top Bottom