all posts post new thread

Off-Topic President Trump on exercise-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Lots of politicians have been outstanding athletes. Jim Bunning and Steve Largent are two who are each in the hall of fame for their sports.

Bill Bradley, Dave Bing, and Kevin Johnson were great basketball players. Jack Kemp was a pro football quarterback who was a league MVP.

Those are just a few who had outstanding professional careers in major US team sports.

To come to think of it our current prime minister Trudeau is a very good boxer. He got in a dispute with a senator (Brazeau) from the opposing political party and they settled it with a boxing match. He beat the other guy bloody. It was ostensibly "for Cancer" of course.

To come to think of it, Vladimir Putin is a judo master. I actually have his judo book and I've learned some good tricks from it.

I have to agree with @jawamac . Talking about a topic that's not related to politics doesn't necessarily become political just because a politician talks about said topic.
For example discussing Chief Pavels clothing style is about fashion, not about strength and conditioning.
Discussing the way Tom Brady raises his kids is about education, not about football.
And discussion Trumps opinion on exercise is about exercise and not politics.
I can see that it can quickly get to the point of discussing politics though.

If a politician gives exercise advice or offers an exercise opinion, then surely that is ok to discuss.
Arnold Schwarzenegger was after all a governor.
If I posted his daily exercise routine I am not endorsing his policies.

If a politician gives exercise advice or offers an exercise opinion, then surely that is ok to discuss.
Arnold Schwarzenegger was after all a governor.
If I posted his daily exercise routine I am not endorsing his policies
. This is fine and I agree .However, what are we learning by discussing a lack of exercise? If he had said I do this or that .It might be helpful to debate. I just can't see discussing a non existent exercise regimen. It makes absolutely no sense to me. Some people don't exercise that's awesome go talk about it in a couch potato forum .

. This is fine and I agree .However, what are we learning by discussing a lack of exercise? If he had said I do this or that .It might be helpful to debate. I just can't see discussing a non existent exercise regimen. It makes absolutely no sense to me. Some people don't exercise that's awesome go talk about it in a couch potato forum .
I believe there is quite a bit to discuss on said topic. "An open mind leaves a chance for someone to drop a worthwhile thought in it.” ;)

Open mind or not, there's really very little to discuss here: The article cites articles by Evan Osnos and a book by Mike Kranisch and Marc Fisher of the Washington Post, which relay the president's supposedly bizarre theories on exercise but has no actual quotes from the president to actually support this directly.

The idea supposedly being put forward by Mr. Trump is indeed a strange one but, beyond that, what else is there to say?

Besides that, the divisive nature of Trump as a political figure makes it very hard to comment on this without straying into the realms of political opinion, which falls outside of the scope of this forum.

I believe there is quite a bit to discuss on said topic. "An open mind leaves a chance for someone to drop a worthwhile thought
. . Hmmm........... Waiting . Besides you can spend time here , I'm going to go read a blog discussion or something worthwhile. All the best. @Peck'88

. . Hmmm........... Waiting . Besides you can spend time here , I'm going to go read a blog discussion or something worthwhile. All the best. @Peck'88

Absolutely see your point, as well as others. Just interesting how the US President does not believe in exercise nor a healthy balanced diet, yet received a clean bill of health, but I'm sure we all know someone like this who has lived well past anyone's expectations. I love the quote from Nietzsche-

You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.

Maybe we are wired like a battery....:D

"How the US president does not bla bla.." Yep, this is political and not the purpose of this board.

Considering this is the "everything else" part of the forum shouldn't we be able to discuss whatever we please as long as it doesn't offend anyone. If you have no interest don't participate or even read. I find it interesting that a subject that a few people don't believe should be discussed on this forum has reached its second page. I have no interest in the subject, but in the interest of free speech let it be & the people who are interested can discuss amongst themselves. There is a thread titled "whiskey lovers" what has that got to do with training? Am I interested? No. Have I looked at it? No. Does it belong here? Yes, because someone in our community is interested in it & this is the "everything else" category. I don't see the point of weighing in on a thread you're not interested in just to say you're not interested in it. Don't like, don't look easy. To OP @jawamac if this thread was in any other category I'd agree with some opinions posted, but it's not so discuss away my friend. JMO

Last edited:
We have moved from the subject originally offered to discussing whether that subject is appropriate. I think whatever might have been contributed to the original subject has already been said here, and I am responsible for determining the appropriateness of both starting topics and the subsequent replies.

This thread has run its course and is now closed.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom