all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Professional Looking Kettlebell Carrying Case

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

The Nail

Level 7 Valued Member
Let's say, hypothetically speaking, a Man was contemplating participating in the TSC. But the powerlifting gym that's 30 minutes away (grunting, screaming, loud metal music, chalk, thousands of pounds in REAL plates, okie bar, etc) doesn't have kettlebells.

This Hypothetical Man would need a reusable, tough, professional looking carrying case for getting 1 or 2 competition kettlebells to the gym. Hypothetical Man would only need to carry it about 20 yards, back and forth to car.

Anybody know of any tough, professional looking transport methods for kettlebells?

Asking for a friend ;)

I gather that some people use bowling ball bags, although they'd only be good up to certain sizes of bell. Do a search for '2 ball bowling bag' and you might find something heavy-duty enough.

Although, if it's only a short walk from the car park to the gym, couldn't you... sorry, couldn't 'your friend' just incorporate a 20 yard farmer's walk into their warm-up?

@The Nail
I would never drive with unsecured kettlebells in the passenger compartment.

When I carry kettlebells in the car I put them on the back seat lying down with a seatbelt threaded through the handle.

You might want to cover the seat with something. I have a seat cover to protect the back seat from the dog, but towels or an old blanket would work too.

If you secure the bells on the seat with a seatbelt, the handles don't need any protection. Position the handles as close as possible to the juncture between the seat and seatback, position the seatbelt so it lies as close as possible to the seat and seatback cushions with as little slack as you can. The handles will be anchored and won't be in danger of hitting each other (assuming 3 or fewer bells, one per seatbelt).

The bodies of the bells may roll a bit, but you can pack a few folded/rolled up towels or blankets, or a few pillows between them.

I've done this a lot and never had anything happen to the handles.

I use the baby seat. It's got a top-down buckle that is just perfect to run through a KB handle. Given how strict people have become about the age of baby seats, you can probably find multiple of them for free in any given town. "Professional looking" it is not.

Addendum: Remove baby from seat first.

+1 to the seat belt idea. That's what I do, and have never had any problems. Even with two bells on the same belt, all you need is a towel or two between them.

Waaaaay back in drivers ed, they showed us a video of a a rollover, from the perspective of a driver-facing dash cam. The driver (RIP) wasn't wearing a seatbelt; he flew around so much it looked like a giant was using the car for a shake weight. I've always been pretty paranoid about unsecured cargo (especially cannonballs) since then, so I guess the video did its job.

Sorry if the above video seems like I'm trying to market kettlebellsusa KBs. I'm not. I just thought the KB going through baggage claim was funny.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom