all posts post new thread

Old Forum Pttp cycle question

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Skej

First Post
Best set of 5 in the deadlift is 340 and best bench is around 205.

70% of the deadlift puts me at 240 as a starting weight. 5 pounds would take 20 workouts and seems like I would be working to close to my max.  Before I hit 345 . Would it be better to take 10 pound jumps? Even then it seems like taking a 330 for 5 deadlift for 5 on one day the. A 345-50 the next day would fail as well.  any advice from guys who have ran pttp before. End goal is to hit 405 for 5 and put on no more then ten pounds Bodyweight while doing it. I tried googling. Pttp logs and couldn't find anything.

Thankyou

Kyle, 10 lb. jumps are fine.  Follow the book's guidance about reps - you can, e.g., choose to go to fewer than five reps as the weight gets heavier towards the end of a cycle.

Week 1: Mon=245, Tue = 255, Wed = 265, Thu = 275, Fri = 285

You could, as but one example, start the next week at 255, and you'd have a 7-week or so cycle to get you to near your max with one week waves in it.

You could also wave on a couple of levels, e.g., using these weights as your Mondays:

245, 285, 255, 295, 265, 305

and you'd have a six-week cycle with 345 on the last Friday.  You'd have two-week mini-cycles where the second Monday would be a repeat of the previous Friday's weight.

There are all kinds of simple, easy to understand, possibilities like this that are worth trying.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom