all posts post new thread

Barbell PVC Internal Rotation Stretch

This warm up routine is part of a snatch master class cycle I'm doing for the next 3 weeks.

The whole warm up is pretty good, but I thought the internal rotation stretch felt particularly good:

The rotating lat stretch is also a good progression on the usual prayer stretch.

I will give a try both, they seem to be easy to get up in to initial position which is great!

This warm up routine is part of a snatch master class cycle I'm doing for the next 3 weeks.

The whole warm up is pretty good, but I thought the internal rotation stretch felt particularly good:

The rotating lat stretch is also a good progression on the usual prayer stretch.

Damn, that Ukrainian needs to work on his music game.

That is interesting, I'm going to have to try that.
I have noticed my external rotation has decreased a bit since I started benching again.

It's so annoying.

I started doing 1 arm DB incline bench presses, and already 2 weeks in I'm losing some external rotation.

Yet I can do ring push ups and dips without such liabilities.

This is a really well done video!! Nothing new for me really, but great use of visuals to teach the movement - I wish I had the skills/resources to make videos like that. I wish they had included something more than leg swings for the lower body though.

Discovered tonight that the Rogue stainless steel war bar + this routine is AMAZING.

Rogue-28mm-War-Bar-Stainless-Steel-dimension-crop.jpg

The 15 lbs adds extra stretch and traction.

And the stiffer stainless steel means you can really torque yourself out.

Although it might not be for everyone -- you might want to at least be comfortable with a 20 kg empty bar overhead squat or lots of gymnastic ring work.

Back
Top Bottom