all posts post new thread

Strong Endurance Q&D Protocols through outher means?

Dirty

Level 2 Valued Member
Long story short, I became a substitute wrestling coach for my daughters high school team. I am wanting to add in swings to the conditioning but as stated in Q&D they probably are not ready for the protocol 033 yet.
What is the community's opinion on utilizing the RSA protocols (while they learn proper technique with swings) with sprints when we can but mostly utilizing Assault Bikes or rowers?
I had considered utilizing the Delta 20 principal since the exact protocal is not spelled out in Q&D. With the dice roll: 1=3 series,2 or 3=4 series,4 or 5=5 series, 6=6 series.

I figure this is a best case scenario to get them to the next level of conditioning with the time frame we are working with as some of the girls will be competing in Fargo this July.

Thanks Everyone.

Chris

Last edited:
IIRC the sprint protocol Pavel cites in Q&D was spefically use, to good effect, with wrestlers. No?

Long story short, I became a substitute wrestling coach for my daughters high school team. I am wanting to add in swings to the conditioning but as stated in Q&D they probably are not ready for the protocol 033 yet.
What is the community's opinion on utilizing the RSA protocols (while they learn proper technique with swings) with sprints when we can but mostly utilizing Assault Bikes? I had considered utilizing the Delta 20 principal since the exact protocal is not spelled out in Q&D. With the dice roll: 1=3 series,2 or 3=4 series,4 or 5=5 series, 6=6 series.
I figure this is a best case scenario to get them to the next level of conditioning with the time frame we are working with as some of the girls will be competing in Fargo this July.

Thanks Everyone.

Chris
You can use Q&D with an Airbike. @Kenneth Bolyard does so. For more info, check this post:

Basically classic 044, with 7 seconds of bike-sprinting for 5/4 and 14 seconds for 10/2.

I use Q&D timing with:
  • Sprints (same side foot strikes)
  • Band resisted sprints (anchored or partner)
  • Jump squats
  • Split Jumps
  • In & Outs (Leg tuck/thrust)
  • Airbike
  • SkiErg
  • Rower
  • Pushups
I like almost all of the AGT timing protocols with those movements too. I like daily undulating using different protocols and keeping volume static for each protocol for a month before increasing. I try to get set volume to be 3-5 series ranging from ~20-40 minutes depending on the protocol. For example, today I did 5x left foot strike anchored band resisted sprints every 30". 16 sets per series for 3 series (24 minutes).
Screenshot_20230310-134359.png

Last edited:
You can use Q&D with an Airbike. @Kenneth Bolyard does so. For more info, check this post:

Basically classic 044, with 7 seconds of bike-sprinting for 5/4 and 14 seconds for 10/2.
Bauer, thank you. I think this is what we will take and run with. I will probalby be able to cycle through more girls with less equipment this way as well.

Chris

This might be a useful article for you.

Basically exactly what you were looking for, Q&D applied in a school sports setting

It looks like a lot of bases have been covered well in the above replies. I would add some sport specific versions to the list because any practice the athletes can get at their actual sport will be helpful. Have them do sprawls, single legs, double legs, etc alone on the mat as their Q&D. You could also have these sport specific versions be partner drills where the shot or sprawl is triggered by the partner's action. As long as you stick to the Q&D work : rest ratios (which might be a challenge with the partner version, so you'd have to keep them on track time wise), you should be good to go.

Back
Top Bottom