all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Q&D rest periods

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

lapinepa01

Level 2 Valued Member
Certified Instructor
Just flipped through the book, wanted to make sure I had the work to rest ratio correct for the 10/2 protocol with snatches:

Q&D snatches 10/2

0 Min - 10 snatches left

1 Min - 10 snatches left

~Rest~

4 min - 10 snatch right

5 min - 10 snatch right

~Series 1 done, rest~

8 min - 10 snatch left

9 min - 10 snatch left

~Rest~

12 min - 10 snatch right

13 min - 10 snatch left

~Series 2 done, rest~

16 min - 10 snatch left

17 min - 10 snatch left

~Rest~

20 min - 10 snatch left

21 min - 10 snatch left

~Series 3 done~

Just flipped through the book, wanted to make sure I had the work to rest ratio correct for the 10/2 protocol with snatches:

Q&D snatches 10/2

0 Min - 10 snatches left

1 Min - 10 snatches left

~Rest~

4 min - 10 snatch right

5 min - 10 snatch right

~Series 1 done, rest~

8 min - 10 snatch left

9 min - 10 snatch left

~Rest~

12 min - 10 snatch right

13 min - 10 snatch left

~Series 2 done, rest~

16 min - 10 snatch left

17 min - 10 snatch left

~Rest~

20 min - 10 snatch left

21 min - 10 snatch left

~Series 3 done~
Rest periods look accurate, but 13 min. mark should be right hand, and you go to 120 reps, max reps for Q&D are 100, so 60 with one hand, 40 with the other on a 100 rep day. 40, 60,80, or 100 reps are your options. On 60 and 100 rep days one side will get 20 more reps than the other. Start with the other arm first the next time you do 60 or 100 reps.

Last edited:

Q&D snatches 10/2

0 Min - 10 snatches left

1 Min - 10 snatches left

~Rest~

4 min - 10 snatch right

5 min - 10 snatch right

~Series 1 done, rest~
The quoted part above, up to where it says "Series 1 done," is actually TWO series. One series is 4 minutes, using one hand, for 20 total reps. So with 10/2 it's a set of 10 at the top of the first minute, another set of 10 at the top of the second minute with the same hand, and rest the remainder of the 4 minutes.

The second series starts at the top of the fifth minute, although I guess if you're just using a count up timer that's when the clock hits 4:00.

I usually use the Impetus Interval Timer android app on my phone to time Q&D. I have all the permutations programmed with all the sets labeled with the series number, set number, number of reps, the exercise, which hand to use, etc. so I don't have to think about anything.

Here's a generic online Q&D 044 10/2 timer (for 6 total series although, strictly by the book, sessions don't go above 5 series) that I made using the Seconds online site. The intervals are labeled with the series number and set 1 or set 2 for each series, with a 10 second prep countdown before the first interval.

Q&D 044 10/2 Online Timer

This timer just considers each series to be two intervals, one that's 1:00 long and one that's 3:00 long. You do all your work at the beginning of the interval and rest for the remaining time.

If you use the Seconds app on your phone, I think you can download the timer from the website to your phone. But I like the Impetus app much better, so I just made this one day when I didn't have my phone, but was near a computer.

Last edited:
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom